Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #21

Wow, I would like to think that it would be hard to believe your situation wasn't caught during the QC phase of the production. Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is such a thing anymore. Thankfully it did not cause you a serious accident. Glad your truck was up to the extra work! Love mine, and that story makes me love it more.
Old 10-22-2021, 08:47 AM   #22
Retired Army MSG!

Sorry to hear when someone has issues like these. I have had owned two Forest River rigs prior to the unit I have now. I had a 2012 Palomino Puma 5vr, a 2016 Coachmen 5vr and now a 2021 Cherokee Artic Wolf 5vr. All three have had issues somewhat. Some I was able to tackle with little effort myself and some were out of my league that warranty covered. On my current rig I noticed delam on the back wall a couple months ago. I immediately emailed Forest River and got a response within 24 hours. They instructed me to get it to dealer for inspection. I did that and due to sickness within the dealership and staff leaving, it took a little longer than I would have liked for the dealer to submit the claim, however, Forest River assured me I was covered. Once the dealer submitted the claim, Forest River approved within two weeks. I have kept communication open with dealer and Forest River and all has been pleasant. Dealer is currently working on the best scenario to get a new back wall shipped or whatever the best solution is to getting it replaced. I have even offered to tow to the factory if need be. Long story short, this could have been a much worse experience, but until we make those phone calls and emails we don't know how the warranty will work out. Not sure how long this will take to complete, I have a trip planned for Nov 6 for a week and have advised both the dealer and Forest River that I would like to have work done over the next couple of months after my trip in November and hopefully have my rig back in my possession by late winter to early spring at the latest. I have used about all my vacation these days as I plan to retire in June and that is when I will need the rig the most.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river