Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
The tongue without a foot will cut into the Lynx Levelers, so you need a board on top if using Lynx Levelers. I will also use a board on top of the Lynx Levelers at my stab jacks, as the Lynx Levelers have an uneven surface.
I took the stock foot off the jack and installed one of these:

Works great, spreads the load and saves a lot of running time on the power jack.

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #22

Best thing since a pocket on a shirt. I'd be lost without 'em.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #23
The Old Man

Quote:
The tongue without a foot will cut into the Lynx Levelers, so you need a board on top if using Lynx Levelers. I will also use a board on top of the Lynx Levelers at my stab jacks, as the Lynx Levelers have an uneven surface.
Oh, I forgot to mention carrying 4 short pieces of decking that were left over from a deck project to use under the stab jacks. Very light.

Often my rig is parked for long periods at one site. In that case I use concrete blocks of various sizes. Those always stay on site...I don't carry them on road trips.

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #24

Thanks again for all the opinions, everyone. I picked up my 10-pack today, $30 at Walmart. Now I just might have to spring for the interlocking wheel chock, but I think that'll have to be an Amazon purchase. Now if it were only camping weather...
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #25

used them when we used to have our popup worked great would recommend them for everyone
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #26

They seem like they'd be difficult to get centered up on when setting up alone. I have a couple of 2x10's that are abnormally light (waterbed frame) that are a foot longer than my tires are apart, that gives my some leeway. Some of the places we go are on grass and the planks give me some flotation if it's soft.
fast murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #27

Have had a set of the Lynx levelers since early on in our first trip last year. Would not be caught without them. May add a second set next year.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #28

Yup I love them! Got mine on Amazon.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
I took the stock foot off the jack and installed one of these:

Works great, spreads the load and saves a lot of running time on the power jack.
Cool product....thanks for posting this.
dmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer
Thanks again for all the opinions, everyone. I picked up my 10-pack today, $30 at Walmart. Now I just might have to spring for the interlocking wheel chock, but I think that'll have to be an Amazon purchase. Now if it were only camping weather...

Let us know how the wheel chock works out. I had thought about getting one also as it would help especially when setting up solo.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

The wheel chock works great.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #32

So, if remember my lego tech correctly, it looks like with either the "yellow" or "orange" option, we would need 6 for a 2" lift, 12 for 3", 20 for 4" etc. (1 set per axle?) Does thats sound right.

Also, we're thinking of getting a pair of wheel chocks like the X-chocks; either ratchet type or lever type (Deluxe?) Any recomendations
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #33
Now a "Top Member"

Wow...that's a lot of math! What I will say is, I have rarely needed more than 2 per tire. Only a couple of times I needed 3 per tire. If you are still unlevel with that many, you probably need to try and get the trailer more level first. Your goal is to level without the Lynx. Otherwise, get as close as you can. You would not be able to run up on on much more than 3 unless you built up a ramp with them. And again, if your site is that unlevel, you need to try and level it more or find another site.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #34

I have used the Lynx blocks for 20 years. We bought a popup at the time and the salesman suggested them. Having left the world of tents, we knew no better. The salesman was correct. I used them as singles and built ramps with them and rolled the popup wheel on to them. I,now, own a 233S Roo and have used the levelers each trip. I tend to camp in rustic settings and the uneven pavement of sites can be a problem. I own the 20 year old set and bought a second set, when purchasing the Roo, since it so much larger than the popup. I really have not needed the second set. They are very sturdy, as 20 years of use will attest.
UPGRADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #35

As a rule, you are correct, but there are a few State Parks here in MI where 3" may be needed. Sometimes you don't have many options. With our current (light wt) travel trailer, we've been able to get a long using our sissor jacks or even trenching a little. Now, with a new 5thWheel on the way...I think I need something that is designed for the job and can handle to (extra) wt.

Also our park pad on the side of our house will need 3". But I wil probably build something semi permanent maybe using treated lumber.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #36

Ok all thanks for the help. I just ordered 2 sets of Leveler Blocks (the yellow ones) and a pair of X-Chocks from CW...Both on sale w/ 5.75 shipping on entire order. Order other stuff too. Since it will be at least another 3 weeks before our new sabre 5w arrives, we might as well buy stuff!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
So, if remember my lego tech correctly, it looks like with either the "yellow" or "orange" option, we would need 6 for a 2" lift, 12 for 3", 20 for 4" etc. (1 set per axle?) Does thats sound right.

Also, we're thinking of getting a pair of wheel chocks like the X-chocks; either ratchet type or lever type (Deluxe?) Any recomendations
I don't quite understand why so many are needed.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #38

Quote:
I don't quite understand why so many are needed.
One layer of Lynx blocks gives you one inch lift. So if you need an inch lift, you need two to four blocks to properly catch both wheels on one side. It's when you need more than one layer of blocks that you start to go through lots... you "build" interlocking ramps to get to the height that you need, so if you need 3" of lift, and your tires make contact over a 3 block base, you will need 3 blocks on the top layer, 4 on the next, and 5 on the bottom. So you need 12 blocks, which puts you into your second package. If you need 4" of lift, you go through 6 more blocks, etc.

If your tire spread is a 4-block spread, then you go through even more!

They really do work well, much lighter, and easier to clean and store than wood planke, as well. And with the cost of pressure treated lumber these days, they are about the same price!

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #39

We have 2 sets and have used them for years. They work very well. They are rugged as we have never had one to sustain any damage. The lifespan must be tremendous – probably outlast us.
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Instructor View Post
One layer of Lynx blocks gives you one inch lift. So if you need an inch lift, you need two to four blocks to properly catch both wheels on one side. It's when you need more than one layer of blocks that you start to go through lots... you "build" interlocking ramps to get to the height that you need, so if you need 3" of lift, and your tires make contact over a 3 block base, you will need 3 blocks on the top layer, 4 on the next, and 5 on the bottom. So you need 12 blocks, which puts you into your second package. If you need 4" of lift, you go through 6 more blocks, etc.

If your tire spread is a 4-block spread, then you go through even more!

They really do work well, much lighter, and easier to clean and store than wood planke, as well. And with the cost of pressure treated lumber these days, they are about the same price!
Hmmm, I never thought about how many that can add up to. I "cheat" some with that if parked in dirt or gravel by going back and forth using alternating columns of blocks, but will have to check out the count next time to actually see how many I use. My method does not work well on pavement or concrete, as the levelers tend to slide.