Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #1

Mbs oil change

Mercedes-Benz service is very expensive. Where do you get your oil change and tire rotation done. Mercedes-Benz 20000 mile check-up was quoted as $880. But they basically do an oil and filter change fuel filter change tire rotation and a couple other checks. I'm thinking I can get those done separately. Comments?
hifromkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #2

Cost is a common problem when having work done at a dealer. check your warranty to see what documentation you need when having work done at other then a dealer or doing it yourself that will ensure your warranty will stay valid. good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #3

Thanks SeaDog. Seems I can do it independent of MB but wondered if other companies like my Ford dealer would do it cheaper but with OEM, etc.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifromkate View Post
Mercedes-Benz service is very expensive. Where do you get your oil change and tire rotation done. Mercedes-Benz 20000 mile check-up was quoted as $880. But they basically do an oil and filter change fuel filter change tire rotation and a couple other checks. I'm thinking I can get those done separately. Comments?
These two topics (re: MBS) have been discussed EXTENSIVELY in this forum. I ask you to read about it before you venture out for service. In short, if you're handy, you can easily do the oil change for under a $100 bucks. Fuel filter is a bit more involved, but doable if you're mechanically inclined. But, there are precautions that must be taken into account regarding the seal replacement at the turbo. Ford WILL NOT have the TSB's (technical service bulletin) from MB regarding that, and it can be catastrophic if it gets sucked into the turbo. It's just a seal, maybe $20 bucks, changed in 30 seconds during the filter swap out, but if their not familiar, you're at risk.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:50 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. Called my Ford dealer in the meantime and they said they would not work on it. Even oil change or tires!