Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #1

Need Help- Rim question

We had a bad blowout a few weeks ago- we now have the trailer at the tire shop getting new tires all around. However the blowout rim is trashed and they wont put a tire on it. I'm trying to find out who makes the rims on the surveyor's but I'm coming up empty.

I looked on Lionshead and Etrailer.com and trailer parts superstore.... any other suggestions? I don't want to buy all new rims but would appreciate the option to replace just the 1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Laura
Cowboy_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy_mama View Post
We had a bad blowout a few weeks ago- we now have the trailer at the tire shop getting new tires all around. However the blowout rim is trashed and they wont put a tire on it. I'm trying to find out who makes the rims on the surveyor's but I'm coming up empty.

I looked on Lionshead and Etrailer.com and trailer parts superstore.... any other suggestions? I don't want to buy all new rims but would appreciate the option to replace just the 1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Laura
The places you named above are usually the ones who have it. Any way you can post a pic of your rim, since it's all guesswork without seeing it?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
Site Team

Is it a steel or aluminum wheel?
Old 10-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #4

Quote:

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Laura
Trailer Tires and Wheels - Steel & Aluminum Trailer Wheels, Bias & Radial Trailer Tires

They have numerous rims for Forest River products and are very efficient and priced well. I have dealt with them and received my rim within a few days. They have a photo gallery of their rims and very helpful by telephone.
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #5

Rim question

Wow, I wish we were closer. I am replacing my CC rims and Goodyear 16” G rated tires with 17.5 rims and Sailun H rated tires, I’d make you a deal on all five. Anyone closer to central Texas that might be interested drop me a note.
Dodge man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #6

Did you only check with Lionshead on line or did you call them? They supplied my wheel but didn't carry it very long so it wasn't on their site anymore. You may want to call them.
Jeff
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #7
Newly Retired

Call me crazy.
Buy two wheels, not four.
We used to run different wheels or hubcaps on right and left. No one would ever notice!
Steveboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #8

Quote:

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Laura
The manufacturer of the wheel is marked on it somewhere along with the model number/serial number. It's a requirement.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:25 PM   #9
Ambassador

I replaced my rim from this dealer. They had it shipped out to me in about a week. Used them twice now my fault both times.

http://www.easternmarine.com/mag-alu...trailer-wheels

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:28 PM   #10
Ambassador

Need Help- Rim question

Most forest river trailers have lions head rims on them as OE. Just need the size and lug pattern ( 14 or 15 in, 5 or 6 lug pattern).

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #11

Hey Laura, can you post a pic of the wheel you are looking for! Someone here will help you find one.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote