Old 03-30-2019, 03:58 PM   #1

Performance Trailer Braking

I知 going to have to do a better job of checking my brakes out. I found out I had a broken brake line today while I was greasing the zerks. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5309.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	200275Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5314.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	343.2 KB
ID:	200276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5307.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	200277. I called Performance Trailer Braking up today, they are going to overnight the part, all I have to do is find someone to install it. I could install the part but I have never bled the lines. I wonder how long I have had no trailer brakes. I guess I should let someone check the brakes on the truck also. Something that broke the line that bad I知 going have to balance that tire. Leaving for Disney Saturday. I was told I could clamp off that line and just have brakes on three wheels but I would still have to bleed the lines
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:23 AM   #2

I had damage from road debris in Tennessee, a gator hide. About $2500 bucks. I ran Fancy Gap on I-77 coming home and it seemed then I didn稚 have very good brakes but I let the exhaust brake slow me down. In a couple of months I went to Fort Wilderness from North Carolina. I came home a then visited a campground close to home and I noticed how I would slide under the stoplight. It never dawned on me to check the camper brakes. I知 calling Performance Braking this morning and getting them to overnight the brake hose I need, well two hoses as this could happen again. I知 clamping off that hose this morning as three brakes are better than zero. Etrailer sells the Titan brakes too. I always check the spare tire to make sure it痴 tight in the bracket but it never dawned on me to check the brake lines. I must have a guardian angel looking after me, maybe looking after DW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer