Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2021, 04:14 PM   #21

I feel the Sailun S637 exceeds the quality of Goodyear at a better price. Why pay almost twice the price and wait forever for a tire when you can get a superior product for almost half the cost and get it next day.
People complaining about this tire are definitely doing something wrong or the tire is underrated for the load.
Remember a slow leak from a nail will reduce air pressure and create heat in the tire and create a blow out. Has nothing to do with where the tire is made.
Old 12-31-2021, 09:06 AM   #22

Opinion v Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyk View Post
There should not be any surpise here. Sailun tires are made in China and are subject to the same poor quality, low QC of any other Chinese made tire. The only surpising thing about any of this is how several forum members claimed how great they were when asked about tire suggestions posted by new members.

This is more proof that trailer tire purchasers should do their own research and not depend 100% on forum opinions. One thing that is factual and not opinion is that all these Saiun victims would have not been let down by American made Goodyear trailer tires. We could all learn from this.
Observations offered to help improve future posts:

The quoted post is 100% opinion, 100% fact-free, 100% baseless. The highlighted assertion is outlandish and is objectively, demonstrably false. It is easily exposed as “made up stuff.” It fails to correctly differentiate opinion from fact, detracting from credibility. Moreover, made up stuff is worthless, and posting made up stuff violates posting etiquette.

The quoted post fails to provide any basis to question those of us who post about our excellent experience with Sailun tires. It does not state any personal experience or reliable research to support opinion. Posts recounting authentic experience are superior to gratuitous and unsupported bias rants and China bashing. Regarding the latter, quality control varies independently from international boundaries. American companies provide specs for off-shore manufacture of good and bad products. The Chinese and others can and will manufacture either one to order.

I hope you find the foregoing helpful for future posts.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:33 PM   #23

G rating - is that what your trailer requires

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1 View Post
The Sailun tires are a great tire, this will be my second set.
The goodyear tires that came on our 5th wheel were junk compared to the Sailun I replace them with the 1st time.
I am very pro buy American, when an american company has their product made in china I would rather buy the chinese version of that product instead of getting ripped off by the American company shipping their product to a foreign country for manufacturing.

JMHO

FOlks running around requiring a g rated tire for a trailer that came with a D rated tire....just don't know what their trailer's maximum weight capacity requires or why the chinese tire rated D doesn't meet that requirement.
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:43 PM   #24

If D is good than G is better.
jeepin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:44 PM   #25

I also got a recall notice for my Sailun S637. I have the ST235/80R16. I bought them from Simpletire.com. The recall are for tires produced between May 11 2020 to October 11 2020.
T1545jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:18 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyk View Post
There should not be any surpise here. Sailun tires are made in China and are subject to the same poor quality, low QC of any other Chinese made tire. The only surpising thing about any of this is how several forum members claimed how great they were when asked about tire suggestions posted by new members.

This is more proof that trailer tire purchasers should do their own research and not depend 100% on forum opinions. One thing that is factual and not opinion is that all these Saiun victims would have not been let down by American made Goodyear trailer tires. We could all learn from this.

Wondering if you could identify the specific compound, or compound property or measurement that is evidence of "poor quality". I am having trouble believing that the street address or city is the cause of tire failures.

It would also help if you could identify a tire brand that has never had a recall.
Be advised I am an actual tire design engineer w/40 years experience specializing in failed tire inspection. I have run hundreds of durability tests on tires. Some Made in US, some made in Brazil or Japan or China or Mexico or Canada or Venezuela or Argentina. Please be specific when you provide the data from your personal "research". Test type, date and number of tires involved would be good to support your claim of having done "research".
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:34 AM   #27

My TT came with Chinese tires. No more. Damage to both tire wells.
I would stick with Goodyear or Maxxis.
Bradjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:58 AM   #28

Maxxis fell out of favor a long time ago, and they're not available in 16" as I recall.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 01:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
Please tell us about the victims of Sailun tires.

The internet is flooded with the victims of Goodyear endurance.
Goodyear Marathon maybe, back when the pterodactyls were flying. Endurance have had a stellar record.
CCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:25 PM   #30

I returned a tire for the s637. Only problem is my local tire shop won't mount it because the label is gone. All tires must be new with the label still intact. pretty stupid rule if you ask me
Adelaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 08:03 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrew View Post
Goodyear Marathon maybe, back when the pterodactyls were flying. Endurance have had a stellar record.

FYI - Goodyear still sells Marathon. But your correct, Goodyear has had its issues and victims with some of there tires.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:19 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
FYI - Goodyear still sells Marathon. But your correct, Goodyear has had its issues and victims with some of there tires.

Can I ask where you are seeing that GY is still selling Marathons in a ST tire for travel trailers?

The only Marathons model that I have been aware of for several years are for commercial 18 wheelers sizes and would not be the same. Thanks

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:48 PM   #33

Just google Goodyear marathon, the guy didn’t say ST tires.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:50 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Just google Goodyear marathon, the guy didn’t say ST tires.

Well, we are talking about ST trailer tires in this thread.

GY also builds an an 18 wheeler commercial tire in an Endurance model name, but again not the same tire as a ST tire. It can get confusing.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:52 PM   #35

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7968.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	267393
Old 01-04-2022, 09:57 PM   #36

Looks like Tire outlet sells the the Marathon ST in many sizes.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:12 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Looks like Tire outlet sells the the Marathon ST in many sizes.

Me thinks they have not updated their webpages. It does say to call them for availability which I will tomorrow. Thanks

Old 01-05-2022, 03:03 PM   #38

I have been running load range G S637’s for four years on my 15,000 lb 5er with zero problems. I run them at 100 psi and thy are wearing great. I replaced the original Goodyear Marathons after two blowout s in the first year. Yes, the Sailuns are made in China, but they are on many commercial trailers and are highly recommended and favorably reviewed. That’s why I bought them.
Moochie6903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 09:37 PM   #39

I just got s s637 from simple tire and its made in Vietnam, not china. I see that as a positive
Adelaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:09 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
I returned a tire for the s637. Only problem is my local tire shop won't mount it because the label is gone. All tires must be new with the label still intact. pretty stupid rule if you ask me
Everything an installer needs to know about a tire’s manufacturing is molded into the sidewall. Any claimed need to see a printed label before installation is flatly and simply a premeditated predatory customer gouging scheme concealed by a deceptive pretext. It’s purely a con, and it amounts to fraud. I would avoid any business involved in such deception and gouging.

Numerous thought exercises prove your shop is gouging. Here are 3: Thousands of tire shops (1) repair tires and remount them, (2) sell and mount used tires, (3) seasonally swap out snow/summer tires; all without seeing tire labels.

Tags
recall, tire, tires, trailer