Old 11-26-2018, 12:12 PM   #21
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillout View Post
I don't want a trailer with a short axle either. I lost the hub and wheel in Albuq. and drove 45 mph back to Dallas to drop it off at the dealer I had bought it from. It's a triple axle and I made it home ok. I am not happy with the ext. warranty company that told me to work it out with the dealer.
Why would I want to go back to the guy that didn't do it right in the first place and told me that's the best they can do? Agree with you as to solutions, I am trying to find a dealer that will do the replacement with the correct parts and will probably have to pay for it out of my pocket. $1000.00 of my money for what should have been covered by the ext, warranty on a trailer I have only owned for 3 weeks makes me a little PO. It just makes me feel better to whine about it a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Is this a brand new toy hauler or did you buy it used?

If new...the extended warranty wouldn't cover anything until the manufacturer's warranty has expired.

That said, when I had axle issues on my 2-year old former TT 1000 miles from home my extended warranty company refused to cover it and I paid $1000 for a band aid fix to get me home.

When I did get the TT fixed right once I got home and dropped another $3000 on it, the extended warranty offered up $150.00 (yes, that's one hundred and fifty dollars) of it...after I paid the $150 deductible payment.

I told them to keep their $150 and did some research and found an out clause to the warranty...used it and when I got the check I used it for a down payment on my current 5'ver.

I will NEVER EVER buy another RV extended warranty.

(told part of the story with photo a few posts above this one)
As John has mentioned and as has chillout learned... extended warranties are not good at best. Too many clauses, too many loopholes and cost too much money. In almost all cases, you are better off banking the money and using it it if/when you need it.

I'm sure chillout feels the extended warranty should pay for the correct axle replacement on their used unit but my guess is they won't. All you can do is escalate your complaint up the ladder to where (hopefully) someone listens.

I refer back to my original recommendation.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote