Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #1

Screw on air chuck

Does anyone know of a source for a screw on air chuck? I have a locking chuck on my inflator tool from Griot's Garage, nice unit but the rubber seal they use inside is very hard and the valve stem will not seal unless you push pretty hard and if you are off a few degrees, it leaks.
Joerossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Home Depot, Lowe's, or Tractor Supply should have what you are looking for.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerossi View Post
Does anyone know of a source for a screw on air chuck? I have a locking chuck on my inflator tool from Griot's Garage, nice unit but the rubber seal they use inside is very hard and the valve stem will not seal unless you push pretty hard and if you are off a few degrees, it leaks.
I never heard of a screw on air chuck. Why don't you simply change over to the simple system of a quick disconnect check? They have been used for a very long time and work well.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #4

Air chuck

B47,
Thanks, do you have a link to one of these, worth a try! I was going to try and make one from a valve stem extender but this sounds better.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
B47

Quote:
B47,
Thanks, do you have a link to one of these, worth a try! I was going to try and make one from a valve stem extender but this sounds better.
No I don't have a link right now, but I know that you know what I am speaking of.

The quick disconnect chuck is part of a system of fittings used to supply compressed air to air operated tools such as screwdrivers and nail driver guns.

You simply depress the QD fitting on the end of the air compressor hose (female) and insert whatever tool (male) you wish into it and you are ready to go. You will see these systems in almost any garage or tire store.

Perhaps someone can post a picture of this system and I am sure you will see what I am speaking about.

I am not familar with the type of air compressor you have that uses a screw on air chuck, but you may have to either change the air supply hose or buy a different air compressor.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #6

Air chuck clearification

B47,
I understand about the quick disconnects, I have a bunch of them. What I am looking for is something that will screw on the Schraeder tire valve stem. All I can find are the press on ones and locking ones which don't appear to work well on the RV tires, seems OK on my pickup and these have rubber valve stems.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
H2oski

Here is one.

COUPLING, HIGH PRESS. HOSE(CE) : K-3706 : Products : Tronair
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
B47

Quote:
B47,
I understand about the quick disconnects, I have a bunch of them. What I am looking for is something that will screw on the Schraeder tire valve stem. All I can find are the press on ones and locking ones which don't appear to work well on the RV tires, seems OK on my pickup and these have rubber valve stems.
OK - I guess I can't help you with this, but I see that h20ski has sent you something that might help you.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #9

B47,
This has been quite a search, I did find one on Amazon, it has a schrader screw on end and a threaded schrader male on the other, not exactly what I wanted bit I can make this work. Thanks for replying.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
B47

Quote:
B47,
This has been quite a search, I did find one on Amazon, it has a schrader screw on end and a threaded schrader male on the other, not exactly what I wanted bit I can make this work. Thanks for replying.

My pleasure - hope you get what you need. After looking at the link that h20ski sent you, I have seen those tpye of air chucks. I just didn't make the connection at first.

Perhaps Harbor Freight or a Snap On vendor could help you.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #11

Screw on air chuck sources

Two places to obtain these:

2air/4air/6air Tire Inflator - Deflator look for SOC further down the page

also:
VALVE STEM ADAPTER [bag of 4] [711143004] - $9.50 : Veesun, Tire Valve Stem Caps Tire Chucks N2 Nitrogen

I believe the first link is what you are looking for. Not sure if the second like is the same but it appears to be.

Note that both of these are "open", they continually pass air through them, there is no shutoff valve built in. You need to add an external shutoff valve (also available from the first link). And Kingston KMBVF Series Brass Mini Valve, 1/4" NPT Female looks like it will work.

Drive safe!
vawlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #12

Two places to obtain these:

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/4air.shtml look for SOC further down the page

also:
http://veesun.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_ id=221

I believe the first link is what you are looking for. Not sure if the second like is the same but it appears to be.

Note that both of these are "open", they continually pass air through them, there is no shutoff valve built in. You need to add an external shutoff valve (also available from the first link). And Kingston KMBVF Series Brass Mini Valve, 1/4" NPT Female looks like it will work.

Drive safe!
vawlb is offline   Reply With Quote