RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #81

Resolution Update to broken Dexter Axle

I was notified today that Dexter/Forest River will honor the axle warranty by paying the welding bill for the repair. $790 for the complete repair. I am happy to report this is the second repair they paid for that showed their commitment to creating customer loyalty. (The first was re-welding the supports on the fresh water tank). I responded to FR and told them how much this fostered my continued customer loyalty to the brand. Thank you Forest River and Dexter.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #82

Kudos to all including, you for thanking Dexter / FR
Rick the Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:25 PM   #83
Paul & Dianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdomokos View Post
I was notified today that Dexter/Forest River will honor the axle warranty by paying the welding bill for the repair. $790 for the complete repair. I am happy to report this is the second repair they paid for that showed their commitment to creating customer loyalty. (The first was re-welding the supports on the fresh water tank). I responded to FR and told them how much this fostered my continued customer loyalty to the brand. Thank you Forest River and Dexter.
Awesome. That is great to hear - it makes the rest of us, who haven't found the problems yet, sleep easier! Thanks for posting the outcome to the saga, too. Although, it sounds like what they REALLY need to know is... who was the welder on your frame!
Old 01-14-2019, 09:07 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThruHiker View Post
Awesome. That is great to hear - it makes the rest of us, who haven't found the problems yet, sleep easier! Thanks for posting the outcome to the saga, too. Although, it sounds like what they REALLY need to know is... who was the welder on your frame!
The repair shop verified with FR that the welder was a 27 year, RVIA certified repair tech. Might have helped my case, not sure what it takes to get RVIA certified.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Not disparaging anybody, but there are a lot of posts that are assuming that the axle is welded to the frame, but that's not the case. It's welded to a bracket that's then bolted to the frame, so the problem is on the axle mfg..

Here's what it looks like.

THIS ^^^^
FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:56 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJim View Post
THIS ^^^^
Did you even read the posts? This was talked about weeks ago.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, crack, frame