Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Wanna Be Camper

So I sent Maxxis Canada an Email

I asked them where to buy Maxxis trailer tires as KAL Tire seems to no longer carry them and this is what I got back.

Hello John, Thank you for your interest in Maxxis Tires. Please feel free to contact Big O Tires for you Maxxis needs. I am not sure if they carry this size but they are the only dealer that would have them.

All fine and dandy except the they are a British Columbia tire chain and from their site does not look like they ship. So it would apppear alot of us Canucks are out of luck to get them anywhere near locally.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #2

Wow this is weird I am in the exact same boat as you and got the same response. I went to Kal tire in Swift Current and they said they showed 8 but then phoned a week later stating they could no longer get them. I have been in contact with maxxis about getting them direct from them. I might have to buy a quantity to do this but if you are possibly interested I would let you know what they say. What size are you looking for? Personally I am looking for 225/75r15 10 ply e range.

Kal tire was by far the cheapest place at $110 per tire and the cheapest I have found online is discount tire at 157. That a pretty big difference to go through the hassle of bringing them across the line.
ehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #3

Hey man did some checking around and talked to big O they are a distributer and the deal with fountain tire I am getting the one from Swift Current to get me some pricing. I will post back once I hear...
Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #4

any word on those tire prices yet ehorn? I have factory chinese tires that people say to remove asap. Same size for me as the ones you looking for. I could go down to LRD though
saskrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #5

You know what No no word yet I have talked to two different people at fountain tire an they never did get back to me and in the mean time I realized I did not have the clearence to fit 15's so I gave up the chase for the time being. Fountain tire is still supposed to be able to get them just tell them to go through big o distributers. Maybe you could have better luck with your local fountain tire the guys here have come off just a little lazy sorry man
Old 05-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #6

Thanks. Swift Current would have been the place for me to check also. I'm going to check the implement dealers though. The tires on the header transports are that size. On mine, one has goodyear marathons the other has titans. They are only LRC though. If I find anything, I'll post it.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #7

Sounds good, save ya one stop I went into robertson there to see since they handle maxxis atv tires too thought maybe but nope they can't get them. Maybe if you actaully stop in at fountain they might get ya something, they just never phoned me back at all
Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #8

I phoned fountain tire yesterday and the fellow there didn't seem to think he could get maxxis. He figured that was a wal-mart brand(not too sure about that!) He said he handles goodyear marathon at $189.00 each which he said were a US built tire and roadrider at $117.00 each which he said was built in the same plant. I actually talked to Tim at Robertsons (service) to see if they gad access to header tires, but he said that they don't handle the tires.

As a side note, on other posts there was mention as to how junky the PowerKing tires were on trailers as original equipment. I mentioned this to the fountain tire guy and he said that those tires are actually very good. He said that 5 years ago chinese tires were garbage, but that they have come a long way since then. He said to wear them out.