Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2023, 12:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
Tires barely clear the underneath of the slide. The design of these would have them moving up and down with the axles. Don't think there is adequate room underneath for clearance between them and the tire, and them and the slide. I know some may have more clearance, but mine certainly does not. Also wouldn't clear the slide support mechanism/ I'll stick with TitanMike's plan. Nice try though.
This device mounts to the rear of brake backing plate on the mounting bolts so it does move up and down with the axle. Wouldn't be hard to replicate on a DYI
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:27 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
suggestion about TPMS systems. Check the response time to display a pressure change. Some are REALLY slow and won't give you immediate warning of a blow out. That is critical to getting pulled over before too much damage occurs.

Yes. I have covered "Annual Testing" of TPMS in my blog RV Tire Safety net

Not just time to report but also do you have the Low Pressure warning go off as soon as the tire pressure is lower than the inflation needed to support the actual load on the tire, AND can the driver see & hear the warning over engine and radio noise?
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 08:22 AM   #23

GY Endurance can become American Bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I think I'll stick with good tires, regular inspection, a TPMS system, no overloading, sensible speeds, and carry insurance.

Price of shields for my trailer is same as two full sets of GY Endurance tires with $$ left over.
It all depends on how much risk, damage, hassle, inconvenience and altered plans you're willing to accept.

All the above is fine but still won't prevent tire failures.

The rig does care what brand is on the wheel, the rig can still get severely damaged by a disintegrating tire. Anecdotal as the following statement is, I know of owners that their GY Endurance's blew.

Just my two cents.
Rickard in Milwaukee
Richy R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire