Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2019, 12:33 AM   #41

Thanks again all! My wife and I decided to go with Goodyear Endurance E with likely a fifth heartland brand as a spare. I am not terrified of the Chinese thing as (sadly) most of our stuff in the States is made overseas these days anyway. We had three year old supposed Chinabombs on our preowned 2016 Sabre Lite but they have gotten us safely from Portsmouth NH to Benson AZ with out of the way stops (Miami, Big Bend). They hold pressure well but treads worn a bit so upgrading but I have been happy with em none the less.
HoppinTheMap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:18 PM   #42

We have a 38ft pull behind trailer I upgraded to the Goodyear Endurance E rated from the D. You just need to make sure your rims are rated for the higher pressure. It is much better to have the E treated tires as they are much more capable of the load. This does NOT mean you can carry more weight though as your weekest link is your axles once you put the E tires on.
As for there Heartland tires I used a brand new one, E rated, as a spare and it lasted about 200 miles until it blew up. Had another E rated Towmaster China tire that blew at 150 miles. That's when we decided to upgrade all the tires to the Goodyear Endurance. So far over 2000 miles and no more issues.....
Old 01-17-2019, 09:46 PM   #43

Me too!

We own 29' Tracer 291BR.
Would like a definitive answer to the correct class tire to use.
HoppinTheMap;2004042]Hi all,
I am sure this question has been answered like a million times here but even performing a search and reading some posts with similar sounding titles I don’t think I have gotten the answer I am looking for.
Our 2016 28-foot Sabre Lite lists the tires as ST225/75R15/D. We are looking to replace the tires but almost every dealer we talk to carries only ST225/75R15/E for our specs. I have read on some other forums that stepping up from D to E is fine as long as the tires are the same size, but I notice that the psi jumps from 65 to 80 between D to E. My question is should I be concerned about installing a set of E rated tires that our wheels/axles will not be able to handle the increased pressure? If yes is there a way to check whether they can?

Discount Tires is also really into suggesting their in-house Hartland brand. Secondary question: are they good? Specs seem comprable to Goodyear but they seem like they have very few reviews online.

Thanks in advance!
Paul & Ashley[/QUOTE]
JeremiahJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:52 PM   #44

Thanks, Code13 and Hoppinthemap!
JeremiahJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:15 AM   #45

Goodyear Endurance ST205/75R14 tires

My 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 254RLXL travel trailer with a GVWR (maximum legal total weight) of 7,668 pounds rides on four Goodyear Endurance ST205/75R14 tires (Load Range D, Max Load 2,040 pounds each, 2,040*4=8,160 pounds), Speed Rating L = 75 mph, Max Cold Pressure 65 psi) with TPMS sensors mounted on each of her four road-tire metal valve stems. In the Fall of 2018 she completed a 2,000+ mile tour of New England and Southern Canada with no problems. In retrospect, perhaps I should have jumped up from Load Range D to Load Range E, but the Load Range D tires are in theory more than adequate for my trailer's GVWR. From what I understand of the Goodyear spec sheet, to get Goodyear Endurance Load Range E tires, I would have had to jump up to ST225/75R15 which would have meant five new wheels (going from 14" to 15") in addition to the cost of the five tires. So far, I'm quite happy with what I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180824_131913.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	194849  
GeorgeKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahJohnson View Post

Our 2016 28-foot Sabre Lite lists the tires as ST225/75R15/D. We are looking to replace the tires but almost every dealer we talk to carries only ST225/75R15/E for our specs. I have read on some other forums that stepping up from D to E is fine as long as the tires are the same size, but I notice that the psi jumps from 65 to 80 between D to E. My question is should I be concerned about installing a set of E rated tires that our wheels/axles will not be able to handle the increased pressure? If yes is there a way to check whether they can?
According to the specs for that trailer your vehicle certified GAWRs are 5080# - do the math - and the ST225/75R15 LRD tires provide 2540# of load capacity at 65 PSI. ZERO load capacity reserves.

I'm going to guess that your wheels are load rated at 2600#. That's okay for the LRE tires as long as they are rated for the 80 PSI needed to provide maximum load capacity. If there is no PSI rating on the wheels and they came from LionsHead they are a go for the LRE tires. If they have a PSI restriction below 80 PSI you'll need new wheels. You definitely need the LRE tires.

The reason the wheel rated for 2600# is okay for the LRE tires is because you cannot overload the wheel without overloading the axle.

Don't confuse tire designated size, ST225/75R15 with load capacity. The LRD & LRE are the same designated size tire and use an identical load inflation chart. The LRE has properties that allow it to provide more load capacity with increased inflation pressures.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #47

always up

I always go up when replacing my tires,,,last time i went from an E to a G...and the more plys the better.i got mine fron simpletire.com they shipped them fast and i had them mounted and balanced at my local tire shop....

Tags
tire