Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2018, 10:49 AM   #1

Tire Not In Alignment/Tracking

I tried to search this forum to see if this has been mentioned before, I apologize if this is a repeat question.

I have just picked up a Alpha Wolf and prepping it for a 8 hour trip to north Florida.

While inspection everything I noticed the Front Tire on the passenger side/entry door side of the trailer sticks out father than the rear tire.
The tires on the opposite side/drivers side of the trailer are in alignment/tracking.

Im pretty sure this inst normal. Should I pull the tire and inspect the hub, axle, etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
DingoZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:51 AM   #2

Maybe someone put on a,rim with a different back spacing.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:56 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

How are you measuring it?
Hub to hub?
Wheel to wheel?
Looking at it against the side of the trailer?

Until you do some axle to axle measurements, looking at it can be deceiving.

Oh... and first post... WELCOME!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
Commercial Member

DingoZee,

We would be happy to assist you with this question regarding your tire. Please contact Mikala Yoder in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:14 AM   #5
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Before running back to the dealer in a panic, try driving down the road or in a parking lot in a straight line, then stop...get out and look again!

Often when you turn and don't straighten up all the way (and this includes backing up), one or more of the tires can look like they are crooked.

This is normal.

I'd also add that you should look at that tire to see if there is any uneven wear on it.

If there is...then it might be a good idea to get it looked at!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:31 PM   #6

I think JD10 is dead on, here. The first time I saw this was turning and stopping at a sharp angle by a gas pump. I pulled forward and stopped again on the way out and saw the same thing on the other side. My tires are wearing evenly, so I know they are rolling along fine. (I will admit it freaked me out the first time I saw this.)
SARDogDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:53 PM   #7

axel

Pull trailer where it is straight on a level area. Measure from a level wheel nut of 1 wheel to the other wheel on one side. Then do the same on the other side. If measurements match you are OK. These trailers have the rubber mount axles, so the wheels can be slightly out of alignment when turned sharply. This is what the frame shop had me do for the same problem. Unfortunately, the previous owner had tried to jack up trailer w/ cross member behind rear axle. This put a bend in that bar, (very thin material) putting torque on rear axle. Created what you described. Had to have bar cut out and axle realigned. Replaced 1/16" square bar w/ 3/16" square tube. Wheel offset could also be it. Great to see FR reached out to you! Hope it is simple.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra 2014 View Post

Great to see FR reached out to you! Hope it is simple.
There are several here who suspect the the ES-FR person is someone here posing as a Forest River representative.

That poster has been asked several times who they are and never responds to the requests.

Could be...may not be...don't know!
Old 11-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
There are several here who suspect the the ES-FR person is someone here posing as a Forest River representative.

That poster has been asked several times who they are and never responds to the requests.

Could be...may not be...don't know!
Ha ha, I saw that and my first thought was that I entered the Twilight Zone. Second thought was good for FR. Seems both thoughts were unfounded.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Ha ha, I saw that and my first thought was that I entered the Twilight Zone. Second thought was good for FR. Seems both thoughts were unfounded.
What I do know is that ES_FR has not posted since I wrote that...

Old 11-01-2018, 10:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
What I do know is that ES_FR has not posted since I wrote that...

Good catch on your part. I ignored the low quality FR logo.

I am guessing the poster has felt burned by FR and is trying to be helpful to others.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment, tire