RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #1

Tire rotation?

I have a 2017 Leprachaun class C. How often does everyone rotate the tires. I have Generals with 37000 miles and they look great. Only rotated once the dealer says they are wearing so good don't need to rotate.
KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
I have a 2017 Leprachaun class C. How often does everyone rotate the tires. I have Generals with 37000 miles and they look great. Only rotated once the dealer says they are wearing so good don't need to rotate.
Tire rotation is recommended only when tire wear is uneven. Moving to different positions will tend to even out the wear.

Problem is with dual wheel vehicles. Mixing steer axle tire/wheels with rear wheels can create a dimension mismatch which could create more issues.

Best to monitor wear regularly and if you notice strange wear (usually on steer axle tires) get the cause addressed. Usually inflation pressures, suspension component wear, and/or alignment.

Rotation is usually only done in single wheel configuration but that's not to say dual's can't be rotated too. Just not common.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Tire rotation is recommended only when tire wear is uneven. Moving to different positions will tend to even out the wear.

Problem is with dual wheel vehicles. Mixing steer axle tire/wheels with rear wheels can create a dimension mismatch which could create more issues.

Best to monitor wear regularly and if you notice strange wear (usually on steer axle tires) get the cause addressed. Usually inflation pressures, suspension component wear, and/or alignment.

Rotation is usually only done in single wheel configuration but that's not to say dual's can't be rotated too. Just not common.
Thanks Titan, that's what I thought.
KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire