Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #1

tires timed out

I have owned a travel trailer now for about 3 and 1\2 years. On our way to camp this weekend, we stopped at a rest area. While there I checked our trailer tires. One was coming apart. I had checked the pressure before leaving and they all looked to be in good shape. I changed the bad tire and we went on. Coming home from camp a few days later, after about 20 minutes on the road, another rv came up beside us and gave us the sign to check our tires. I pulled off and two more tire where coming apart. We were blessed that none blew out and there was a Walmart that had trailer tires just down the road. I have talked to many people now about changing your tires every 3 years or 12000 miles. I always check my air pressure and had 16500 miles on these tires. Maybe when we buy these trailers it should be made known how important the tire business really is.
When I was getting the tires on at Walmart, another rv came in with two blown tires and a lot of damage to his unit. He had less miles than I did and about the same time. wow
Old 08-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajfish View Post
I have owned a travel trailer now for about 3 and 1\2 years. On our way to camp this weekend, we stopped at a rest area. While there I checked our trailer tires. One was coming apart. I had checked the pressure before leaving and they all looked to be in good shape. I changed the bad tire and we went on. Coming home from camp a few days later, after about 20 minutes on the road, another rv came up beside us and gave us the sign to check our tires. I pulled off and two more tire where coming apart. We were blessed that none blew out and there was a Walmart that had trailer tires just down the road. I have talked to many people now about changing your tires every 3 years or 12000 miles. I always check my air pressure and had 16500 miles on these tires. Maybe when we buy these trailers it should be made known how important the tire business really is.
When I was getting the tires on at Walmart, another rv came in with two blown tires and a lot of damage to his unit. He had less miles than I did and about the same time. wow
Yes unfortunaly a lot of folks either don't read or heed the forums. There is tons of information related to tires. Glad to hear that you didn't suffer a blow out as the other guy did.
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires