Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2016, 05:17 PM   #1

TowMax ST tires

Dynamic Tire Corp tire importer.
TPC Corp Towmax brand
Forest River corp. Prime Time brand
Towmax STR Power King 235/80 R 16 load range E

I have received the report from Dynamic Tire on the defective tires that were returned to Dynamic tire. It contained the usual talking points on how the tires failed because of overheating. It went on to assume that they were over loaded or under inflated.

I am not surprised by this rhetoric. I am amazed that they stuck to this story even though I submitted photo graphic evidence that it was raining at the time of the first blowout thereby disproving the overheating claim. I also referred to evidence I have showing the certified trailer weight on the axles of the Prime Time Spartan. I have been in the RV business and own toy haulers for over ten years and I know about the inferior tires sold with RV’s.
I always run the tire pressure that is stamped on the side wall of the tires.

It amazes me that the RV industry continues to sell and install tires without enough capability to safely carry the weight advertised on the tires and the unit they are installed on. It is no secret that the manufacturers are pushing the limits of tires with no room for the dynamic loads put on these tires.

I have not received a satisfactory offer from Dynamic tire. It only covers three of the four tires I lost that were only six months old. I submitted 3 tires for examination and photographic evidence of two major failures on the same trip.

No satisfactory offer has been made by any responsible corporation to pay for the deductible for repairs of damages as a result of tire that did not meet the load capabilities required and advertised. All Forest River did was pass the buck to TPC which passed the buck to Dynamic Tire.

This practice of skimping on tires when there are proper tires than can handle the dynamic loads of RV’s is a public safety hazard. I will do my part in holding the responsible corporations liable. This is bad policy of all the companies involved in the RV industry.
2016 Prime Time Spartan
RapidRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:29 PM   #2

Please, Please, Please report all your information to the National Highway Transportation Administration [Safecar]. Without it, they don't know what we are going through. Maybe they will eventually grab a few of these garbage tires off the retail rack and run them through test that will show just how defective they are.
Personally, I would never, ever sign a contract for any TT or 5er until the China bombs were removed and replaced with non-Chinese tires. And yes, they do make ST tires that don't come from the Shan Dong China tire plant. Maxxis M8008s for one.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #3

I did post to the NHTA web site but I left out a lot of details.
SInce my bad tire experience I upgraded to load range F tires. They are hard to find.
I am trying some Carlisle st235/85/16 load F tires. They are made in CHina too. There is a big differance in the side walls between the Load F and Load E tires. I am Also looking at some Kenda Load F tire that are made in Taiwan.
RapidRoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires