Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2017, 09:48 PM   #1

TPMS

We have a 2014 FR Forester. Have had absolutely no problems with it. We tow a toad (Suzuki XL7 Grand Vertara) and a two horse, horse trailer (obviously, not at the same time). I have read in these posts B4, and it seems the TST 507 and the EEZRV TPMS are the choice products.

1. Can the inserts on the tires be changed between the toad and the horse trailer as needed, or do I have to buy a set for both car and horse trailer?

2. Also, would like to confirm which manufacturer of this product is the best overall, regardless of pricer.

Thanks!!!

Very much like this forum and don't miss a day without reading. Thanks to you all for your help and suggestions.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:15 PM   #2

I have the TST product... not familiar with the other. I am happy with the product and support from the dealer GreatRVproducts.com I have had them now for about 19 months and have replaced the sensor batteries once on my 4 sensors.

Yes you can take off the flo-thru fittings of the TST unit and put them on other trailers... I have done this myself. It might require that you re-program the receiver IF the tires are not the same in regards to PSI. My RV uses 50# where my utility trailer only uses 32# so re-programming becomes necessary. About 15 minutes... once you have learned the programming sequence.

The flo-thru sensors lock onto the threads of the tire valve with a set screw ( 1/16th I believe) to I guess keep them on, but probably more to help keep them from being easily stolen. At $50 each... well anything to keep them on is appreciated

My current RV tires and utility trailer that I have used them on have rubber valve stems. Ideally you should have metal valve stems installed. The flo-thru sensors have a small bit of weight and I imagine that flex induced by centrifugal force would eventually weaken the extended and now weighted rubber stems. To help with that, I have purchased some 1/2 inch foam weather tape, and cut 1 inch pieces and let the glued side of the foam tape onto the wheel, with the foam supporting the valve stem helping to keep it from flexing outward. After about 4,500 miles running this way, it has not been a problem. When I change tires, I will have the metal valve stems installed and then I should have no need for the foam tape support.

I hope this helps...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote