Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
Showing old data and not making the user aware leads to false positives. I had connectivity issues and did not know it because the tpms kept showing 1hr old data. It finally alarmed over an hour later. I could have had a blow out and would not know for an hour? It does not need to alarm but how does someone even know if they need a repeater under the current design..
For me it was easy to tell when the system was not updating long before it alarmed when it dropped one or more sensors. The key is that the numbers never changed on that sensor.

All of them were registering when I hooked up and left in the morning. As I drove the sensors that had a weak signal never updated. The other tires warmed up and showed the temp increase and subsequent pressure increase as well. The weak signal sensors (right side of camper) did not.

To get the most out of any system it is necessary to actually take some time to learn about it and how it functions. Don't expect everything to be doing everything for you without you having any knowledge about it at all.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:42 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Yes call Mike Benson at TST cell 210-420-0132 he will walk you though any problems you have. They are very supportive of there product. I use it and just came back from a 2000 trip and they worked flawlessly. I do have the repeater and the new monitor and it works so much better. Later RJD
X10!!!!! TST's Customer Service is OUTSTANDING!! I emailed, they asked me to call, I did and I got my problem solved. I cannot say enough good about the company and its products!
Old 10-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
Hello All,

If anyone has a question with their TST TPMS, I am always available. My direct cell is 210-420-0132

We have begun adding Repeater/booster with every kit. The repeater is not only for distance, it will assure you have no interference from other electrical wireless items you may have. If you have a system without the booster, it is an easy add on.

Call me with any questions.

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
Mike, FYI I just purchased and received my TPMS 507 with the color monitor and did not receive a booster or repeater.
Thanks

Tank
Tankmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:03 PM   #44
Too old to be too smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
To get the most out of any system it is necessary to actually take some time to learn about it and how it functions. Don't expect everything to be doing everything for you without you having any knowledge about it at all.
Words to live by. In times past, everyone did just that.

Today's society, not-so-much........

Pop

2000 F-350 7.3L CC/LB 4WD Lariat 3.73's
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:20 PM   #45

I have found that if I am unhooked, and leave my TST 507 off when I drive away, I can then turn it on and NOT see any old information... just nothing shows up (old monitor)... If however, I turn it on before I leave and the tires register, which mine does rather quickly like in a minute or two, then I drive away, then yes I carry those readings with me for quite some time... 30 minutes or more.

M Benson,
It would appear to me that a small icon indicator next to the tire temp/pressure display showing that a signal IS in fact being received would be an easy way to spot whether or not your readings are current, or from memory. Is that not just a software update in the monitor?

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #46
Who Dares, Wins

Tire minder tm 66 I think is the model for us. Been using it trouble free other than a bad sensor that they replaced with no issues and I even think it was my fault for the failure.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:07 PM   #47

Tst507 works great for us and I had a great customer service experience.

'17: 42
'18: 25
Dan_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:38 AM   #48
Truck System Technologies Rep

TST TPMS

RSData,

If you are going to dry away or unhook, simply hold the Mode and the - button together for 4-5 seconds, and the tires will disappear from the vehicle you are unhooking from in the trailer position.

Thanks,

Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
I have found that if I am unhooked, and leave my TST 507 off when I drive away, I can then turn it on and NOT see any old information... just nothing shows up (old monitor)... If however, I turn it on before I leave and the tires register, which mine does rather quickly like in a minute or two, then I drive away, then yes I carry those readings with me for quite some time... 30 minutes or more.

M Benson,
It would appear to me that a small icon indicator next to the tire temp/pressure display showing that a signal IS in fact being received would be an easy way to spot whether or not your readings are current, or from memory. Is that not just a software update in the monitor?
mbenson1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:41 AM   #49

TST TPMS

Hi Tankmaster,

You must have ordered from one of our online dealers, some still have some kits without the repeater. If you got it without the repeater, I am sure you paid less than the kits with the repeater. Please call me to discuss in more detail at 210-420-0132.

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankmaster View Post
Mike, FYI I just purchased and received my TPMS 507 with the color monitor and did not receive a booster or repeater.
Thanks

Tank
Old 10-16-2017, 02:47 AM   #50

HI RB19RR,

Do you have a repeater? It should not take more than 5-10 minutes for the sensor to report when you turn on the system.

If your battery is below 3 volts, you need to change it, typically anything below 3 volts does not read, and the battery is dead.

Please feel free to call me to discuss in more detail at 210-420-0132

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
Old 10-16-2017, 02:50 AM   #51

TST TPMS

Hi dbledan,

Thanks for the post. I want to make sure I understand correctly, are you saying when you drive away with your toad, you are still getting readings? If so you need to Press and Hold the Mode and Minus button for 4-5 seconds and the toad or trailer tires will drop off you r screen.

Feel free to call me with any questions 210-420-0132

Thanks,

Mike Benson
TST TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
Mike, it is not just the tire flying off that one needs to be concerned about.

Showing old data and not making the user aware leads to false positives. I had connectivity issues and did not know it because the tpms kept showing 1hr old data. It finally alarmed over an hour later. I could have had a blow out and would not know for an hour? It does not need to alarm but how does someone even know if they need a repeater under the current design.

As a software person I understand they are compensating for occasional signal loss but an hour seems like a long time when seconds matter for pulling over. Providing either a time stamp since last read or how many cycles since the last update resolves the ambiguity for the user, even a yellow number on the fancy new color display would work to let them know that the data they are viewing is not exactly current.

TST is a great system and others I have looked at have similar issues, some even worse because they remember from a power cycle.

Just trying to make TST better or the best.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:22 AM   #52

Quote:
Hi Tankmaster,

You must have ordered from one of our online dealers, some still have some kits without the repeater. If you got it without the repeater, I am sure you paid less than the kits with the repeater. Please call me to discuss in more detail at 210-420-0132.

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
Mike, sorry you are absolutely correct I did order it online. I guess I miss read your statement about it being included. I appreciate your clarification on this. Sorry I just posted this and should have called you. I will contact you later on.
Thanks

Tank
Tankmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #53

TST TPMS

Thanks Tank!!

Regards,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132
Old 10-17-2017, 11:25 PM   #54

Quote:
Hi dbledan,

Thanks for the post. I want to make sure I understand correctly, are you saying when you drive away with your toad, you are still getting readings? If so you need to Press and Hold the Mode and Minus button for 4-5 seconds and the toad or trailer tires will drop off you r screen.

Feel free to call me with any questions 210-420-0132

Thanks,

Mike Benson
TST TPMS
No. I had a range problem on my TT. Tires would show up fine when stationary in storage but driving down the road they were not updating. I was not aware I had an issue until an hour down the road TT still attached it started beeping.

I resolved my signal loss problem with the repeater.

I am still hoping for some sort of indicator to know when data is stale so I am not an hour down the road with no tpms unknowingly. I would happily upgrade monitors once the issue is addressed.

Thanks for the support!

Dan
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms