Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2021, 10:25 AM   #21

Ithink contact cleaner would work, as long it is safe for the plastic. Afterwards I have a tube of dielectric grease I use for contacts. Dust and grime are part of the game unfortunately.
Rick the Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:42 PM   #22

and just 2 cents shared from my comical experience!... when I first got my new F250 SuperDuty, I hooked my 7 pin up w/out the battery on my trailer (i did this w/my old Chevy Suburbans) so that I could just get power to the tongue jack.... and couldn't for the life of me understand why it didn't work!.... Long story short, once connected the computer in the truck apparently didn't recognize I had a trailer connected because I never went and "hit the brake" so that it could "learn" there were electric brakes back there and as a result the 12 V power to the 7 pin plug never turned itself on......

Ed & Chris, Empty Nesters (missing Josh & Jaclyn)
along with Blue & Tessa, Cat Explorers!
2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
2019 F-250 Diesel 4x4 Super Duty
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, trailer