Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2022, 05:15 PM   #1

Trying to program internal TST sensors

I got my new to me 2020 25fks last year.

I didn't get the TST monitor it was supposed to have (don't' ask) so I bought the color one late last year.

I know that the sensors are supposed to be inside the rim, and I know I have them, as I had the sticker and I see the red light for the repeater under the frame on the tongue.

So today I tried to program the monitor, and 1st thing I noticed this thing is dim as hell outside. I was in the shade of the trailer too! Can't hardly see anything once I go into setup mode. Is this normal? I can't imagine seeing this while sitting on my dash.

The 2nd thing is it doesn't sense any sensors. I went around to all the tires, at all positions. I know they are supposed to be 180 deg from the valve stem.
Can't imagine they batteries would be dead in 2 years.

Any ideas before I call TST?

thanks
Rick
Old 03-30-2022, 07:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookooc View Post
I know they are supposed to be 180 deg from the valve stem.
Can't really help you on programming, but do you think the TPMS sensors are on the opposite side of the rim/tire as the valve stem, or do you think they are on the inside end of the valve stem. The only place I have ever seen an internal sensor mounted is on the end of a valve stem, either inside or outside, but never on the opposite side of the wheel/tire.

I would suggest you remove a wheel, take it to a tire shop, have them dismount the tire and see if there is a TPMS sensor installed. There might also be a part # on it that would tell you what system it is compatible with.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:36 PM   #3

I would suggest you remove a wheel, take it to a tire shop, have them dismount the tire and see if the sensor is present or not.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:25 AM   #4

Stupid question but did you charge the TST Monitor? Ours is bright enough to read in full sun.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:13 AM   #5

thanks for the replies everyone.

I got it working last night.Not sure what I was doing wrong,but it decided to start working.

Regarding the monitor, yes, it is fully charged.
I am sending an email to their support with pictures, that show you can't see anything.

Oh, and on another point, back when I bought this, I was asking about how to check if you had the sensors and said something about the green valve stem caps, which I assumed meant I had sensors installed.

I got several responses on this forum saying that just meant I had the nitrogen in the tires. I accepted that. Yesterday when looking on the TST website, I found a page that tells you that a yellow or green valve stem cap means you have the internal sensors.

Just an fyi for someone who buys one of these used and is not sure.
thanks
Old 03-31-2022, 11:30 AM   #6

Glad to hear you got it working .
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookooc View Post
thanks for the replies everyone.

I got it working last night.Not sure what I was doing wrong,but it decided to start working.

Regarding the monitor, yes, it is fully charged.
I am sending an email to their support with pictures, that show you can't see anything.

Oh, and on another point, back when I bought this, I was asking about how to check if you had the sensors and said something about the green valve stem caps, which I assumed meant I had sensors installed.

I got several responses on this forum saying that just meant I had the nitrogen in the tires. I accepted that. Yesterday when looking on the TST website, I found a page that tells you that a yellow or green valve stem cap means you have the internal sensors.

Just an fyi for someone who buys one of these used and is not sure.
thanks
Green valve stems caps has 100% absolutely nothing to do with TPMS. My trailer came from the factory with green valve stem caps and had no TPMS. Green valve stem caps are supposed to indicate Nitrogen. That can't be trusted though, in reality green caps mean 100% absolutely NOTHING.

Hundreds of thousands of RVs come from the factory with green stem caps and no TPMS sensors.
Old 04-01-2022, 03:35 PM   #8

My Montana arrived from the factory with sensors installed, yellow caps on all 5 tires. The monitor and instructions in a drawer. Took about 15 minutes to set all 5 as I don’t crawl around the spare very well at 74.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ram