Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 06:01 PM   #1

Tst 507 tpms

My TST saved my butt today. Got off the highway with about 15 miles to the CG and I noticed one tire is much lower PSI than the others. Lost 2 more PSI by the time I got to the CG. Once set up PSI dropped to 50 and continued to drop. Roadside assistance came, PSI at 28. Put on the spare, found the culprit and will patch the tire.

Glad I convinced my wife to get the TST 507.

Safe and happy travels.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:27 PM   #2

Great to hear positive stories! I made my wife watch many YouTube videos until she agreed we needed it.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:44 PM   #3

I think this is a sign.....I want to get a tpms system, did a search, and just read through a thread where 75% of the folks posting recommended the test 507. Just as I got to the last post I noticed this in the “recent discussions”. I’m convinced.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:49 PM   #4

I would not leave the driveway without my test 507. It has truly saved us 5 different times. It warned us of three separate blowouts that we had during a 450 trip and a fast leak on the forth tire just as we were arriving at the CG. I would have not known I had a blowout unless a passing car let me know or I saw tread flying in the rearview mirror.
Those were the last Chinese trash tires that have graced any of my RVs.
There are those folks that will argue that the Chinese tire are not at fault. Numbers don't lie. Go online and look up the Shan Dong China tire plant and you will see that 56 different tire brands come out of the same plant. I believe they are the same tires, just with the names changed when things start looking bad.
I'm running Goodyear tires on my TT now and with no problems.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
My TST saved my butt today. Got off the highway with about 15 miles to the CG and I noticed one tire is much lower PSI than the others. Lost 2 more PSI by the time I got to the CG. Once set up PSI dropped to 50 and continued to drop. Roadside assistance came, PSI at 28. Put on the spare, found the culprit and will patch the tire.

Glad I convinced my wife to get the TST 507.

Safe and happy travels.

Make sure that you re torque your tire after putting some miles on it.

The TST 507 does pay for itself in for warning and the peace of mind when driving. We have all hit a pot hole and 'wondered' 'did I just blow a tire'.... one glance at the monitor and you know that that 'tire(s)' still are full of air.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:10 PM   #6

It's now showing up on new units from the factory. My neighbor just brought home a new Rockwood TT that came with the TST 507 with internal sensors.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Make sure that you re torque your tire after putting some miles on it.

The TST 507 does pay for itself in for warning and the peace of mind when driving. We have all hit a pot hole and 'wondered' 'did I just blow a tire'.... one glance at the monitor and you know that that 'tire(s)' still are full of air.
Bingo... i will re-torque the spare. The patched tire will be a spare in case of emergencies. Once home I'll be looking at GY. Sooner than expected. I'm just so glad that i convinced my wife to let me buy the TST.

Safe and happy travels.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:18 PM   #8

I think this is related. I too am looking at tpms systems. I received an email from LCI today pedaling their tire Linc system. I’ve been looking at the TST system. Now for my question - the temperature part. The temp is measured on the end of the valve stem spinning round and round in the air, being cooled by all the passing air. Does anyone know how well this relates to temperature increases due to, low air pressure, bearing failure, or anything else that will cause a rise in temperature that the spinning sensor is supposed to sense? I see TitanMike says new units have the internal sensors. Having the sensor strapped to the rim IN the air it is actually supposed to sense, and ON the rim seems like a much more reliable way to sense important temperatures. Internals are going to have a dismount/remount cost for new and then battery changes every couple years but is that a small price for a “better” or more direct temperature measurement?
Camp20144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:12 AM   #9

Mine has gone off twice.

Once to alert me to a blowout I heard. It was nice to know which tire blew so I could position the trailer to protect me when changing the tire. Not a lot it can do to alert you of a blowout. It blew the tread off and damaged the skirting.

The second time I picked up a nail in a brand new set of tires. The tire was still hissing when I pulled over. 15min to swap the spare and on my way again and no damage.

I will not go on the road without it.

My only complaint applies to all of them. If you are on the fringe of recieving a signal they will display old date for up to 30min and you would never know it. There is no indicator to how recent the data is.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #10

The temp sensor definitely worked for me on the TST 507 system. Last year my system alerted me to high temperature on the left front tire and gave me time to safely pull over. Turns out the brake on that wheel was malfunctioning and the brake pads were dragging on the rotor causing it to overheat. Could have gotten ugly quick had I continued to drive, fire, wheel bearing failure, wheel seizure etc.

It is said the Good Lord does not take away from man's allotted time on Earth the time he spends Camping, Fishing or Hunting. If this be true, I may yet attain immortality!
wtbuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms