Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Love My Sunseeker

Using Stabilizers - Tires in air or supported?

I am guessing that this issue is something that is also a "passionate war" as some issues are. Both sides have valid reasons for their preference.

Anyway, I have seen motorhomes that are on stabilizers, and their wheels (usually only the front) are "up in the air with no support." Is this acceptable? I'm not an engineer, but I feel that wheels should be supported if they are in the air due to stabilizers.

When I have used stabilizers, 95% of the time it's usually one or both front wheels that are "in the air." When that happens, I retract the stabilizers, then I position my "lincoln logs" (Ok, it's Orange Lynx Blocks with chocks), on the appropriate wheel, drive up on it, then redo the stabilizers. I've become pretty good at guessing whether I need one or two layers of "lincoln logs."

I have had ONE time where one side of the rear tires was in the air. Same thing. Put my "lincoln logs" underneath it.

So, wheels in the air, or supported when using stabilizers?

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote