Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
L J

Question Vibe 268RKS Brakes

Why I didn't know sooner.....I recently replaced all four tires on the Vibe and upon doing so I saw that the trailer brakes were only on left/ drivers side of trailer. Both axles but only one side. Normal or screw up from factory??? I've owned it new from dealer since Feb 2015. Never thought to look before changing tires out...My bad I guess.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:09 PM   #2
Retired Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
Why I didn't know sooner.....I recently replaced all four tires on the Vibe and upon doing so I saw that the trailer brakes were only on left/ drivers side of trailer. Both axles but only one side. Normal or screw up from factory??? I've owned it new from dealer since Feb 2015. Never thought to look before changing tires out...My bad I guess.

The wires probably cross over inside the axle tube. You will only see the wire hanging down from the underside of the trailer on one side if they do.

Or are you saying you only have the brake assembly on one side? If this is the case, that is a screw up for sure.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:32 AM   #3
L J

Well all I can say is that there are no wires hooked up to the backing plate on pass./ right side like there is on the opposite side. Can't imagine wires running thru the axle tube but I've been wrong before on many occasions. Anyone from FR care to chime in here? I've had no problems yet so maybe wires are hidden from sight?
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
Well all I can say is that there are no wires hooked up to the backing plate on pass./ right side like there is on the opposite side. Can't imagine wires running thru the axle tube but I've been wrong before on many occasions. Anyone from FR care to chime in here? I've had no problems yet so maybe wires are hidden from sight?
On my Prime Time, the wires on the passenger side come out of the axle and go straight to the backing plate. Had to pull tires and get my head around back of the wheels to see them. YMMV.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, vibe