Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2018, 11:47 AM   #1

Warranty on Tires

Tires have about 7,000 miles on them. Unit is a Puma Unleased 5th wheel purchased new in September 2015. It is a 2016 model.

The first weekend in May had 2 Constancy tires blow out on the front axle, one on Friday the other on Saturday. (Have a TPMS). Both caused damage to the unit. The other 2 tires on the rear both have manufacturing defects bring an inter sidewall bubble and breakdown of the cords below the tread. Have filed a claim with Lionshead, but it has been denied since the tires are over a year old.
Tires have been replaced with GY Endurance.

Has anyone received reimbursement from Lionshead or Forest River for manufacturing defects of tires? If so, I need some advise how to proceed.

You can message me it you don’t want to post it publicly.
Thank you.
BBQGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #2

If one tire goes, the others are not far behind. Heed the warning and replace them all.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnick View Post
If one tire goes, the others are not far behind. Heed the warning and replace them all.

They already replaced them all, said so in their post.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQGUY View Post
Tires have about 7,000 miles on them. Unit is a Puma Unleased 5th wheel purchased new in September 2015. It is a 2016 model.

The first weekend in May had 2 Constancy tires blow out on the front axle, one on Friday the other on Saturday. (Have a TPMS). Both caused damage to the unit. The other 2 tires on the rear both have manufacturing defects bring an inter sidewall bubble and breakdown of the cords below the tread. Have filed a claim with Lionshead, but it has been denied since the tires are over a year old.

Has anyone received reimbursement from Lionshead or Forest River for manufacturing defects of tires? If so, I need some advise how to proceed.

Thank you.

Just wondering what brand of TPMS do you have. You said there was some damage to the camper. I would doubt if you get reimbursed for the tires.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:55 PM   #5

The TPMS is EezTire.
Typically a TPMS would give a warning of elevated temperature or slow loss of air, but both times the tire had instant catastrophic failure with total tread separation and splits in the sidewalks. Within a brief second after failure the TPMS did sound the alarm. It’s failures like the ones I experienced that no TPMS can detect. It happen so quickly.
BBQGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQGUY View Post

Thank you.
I don't see where you have any manufacturing defects. As your post is written, the failures have a very high probability of misuse & abuse. Probably caused by under-inflation, overloading or both.

ST tires degrade rapidly. With failures such as yours, your replacements should have more load capacity then the OE tires. A trip to the scales is also recommended, just to see how close you are to being over loaded, especially on that front axle.

Proof of manufacturing defects needs to have an experts opinion and the tire's in hand. Pictures won't be accepted.

Tags
tire, tires, warranty