Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #1

You made me a believer:

Going from Bandon, Oregon to Virginia Beach, Virginia, we had a blow out on our Rockwood trailer in Wyoming. As you were talking before the tire was a Carlisle road range C. After wating a hour and a half for our roadside assistence in 95 degree weather we had our spare put on $295. We then bought American made load range E tires. Two of the original tires on the opposit side had several apolstry tacks in them, probably picked up at a campgrounds.
Then in Nebraska we had a bearing go out. A road side mechanic came out and tried to get the nut off with a pipe wrench, what a mess. He thought we would need a new axle that would take about three weeks. As it turned out we drove the trailer on three wheels for about ten miles to his friends shop and he was aable to torch off the inner race and the axle was fine. New backing plate, bearings and a hub, $350.
We are now in Ohio and got a letter from the road side insurance company and do not know if they will cover any of the expences. Will be heading back to Oregon in a week or so. We kept our Farmers Insurance informed about what was happening and he told us to contack him and to forget about the roadside assistance insurance we took out when we bought the trailer.
bornerdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I feel your pain.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...erk-46335.html

Photos (if available) help as well.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #3

What Roadside Assistance do you have, and please explain more as to how they were (or we're not) involved?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #4

Sorry to hear of your breakdowns - keep us posted how Farmers Ins handled their part.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #5

I will keep you informed when we get back home.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #6

Well! We made it home, just beat the weather. The furnace quit just before the Rockeys and I dinged the side of the trailer,but all is well. To much of a suprise to me, we had two checks waiting for us, one for a blowout minus one hundred dollar ded., and one for the bearing going out paid in full. Some of you asked what insurance we took out when we purchased our trailer. We have Protective, Xtra Ride. Thanks to all that were concerned.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornerdm View Post
Well! We made it home, just beat the weather. The furnace quit just before the Rockeys and I dinged the side of the trailer,but all is well. To much of a suprise to me, we had two checks waiting for us, one for a blowout minus one hundred dollar ded., and one for the bearing going out paid in full. Some of you asked what insurance we took out when we purchased our trailer. We have Protective, Xtra Ride. Thanks to all that were concerned.
Were the checks from Protective or Farmers?
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #8

Protective