Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #21

Yes, that appears to be the water line but no valve and no water going through the line...we have traced to to the access panel (hook ups) and into the camper but no valve to send water through the lines. It is almost as if someone forgot to put the valve in or something. No shut off for winterizing...seems strange to me? We also cannot figure out how to get water to flow. Hubby got creative and bought a bag of ice and threw it in the bin just so we could feel like the ice maker was pushing ice not one cube created on its own, nor water coming out the door spot either. Just the craziest thing ever!
mls0707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #22

On my 2013 3800FL I had to pull the drawer below the stove out and the valve is behind the drawer. It is the white push/pull shown in another post. Hope this helps.
georgew48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #23

Tried the stove drawer too...still waiting on dealership to tell us something...no one knows.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls0707 View Post
That's a lot of foam in your photo, I wonder if the valve got covered with the foam, also where does the tubing go in the other direction away from the foam?
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #25

Goes back towards the water hook up. We had to pull the storage compartment panel to the left of the hook up compartment to find the valve.....and we still don't have water. They are supposedly sending someone out. That appears to be where the valve is located though. Everyone appears to be clueless as to what the problem is....
Old 08-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #26

By water hook up do you mean city water hook up or discharge of your pump?
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #27

I have a 2014 cedar creek cottage, my ice maker water supply valve was under a slide on the bott of unit. It is a push pull valve and is next to a low point drain. On the new units it is a plastic valve. Hope thi helps. By the way it will be in the place you least expect so start there!
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #28

Yes by the hook up to city water, left of that box under the wall of the storage area. By the central vac. That wall has to come out. There was a valve there (I haven't seen it, my husband did). He opened it and still no water. Tried to bleed line when he found it but nothing. They are sending a repair guy out. More to follow when it gets resolved. I guess I should say if it ever gets resolved....
Old 08-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #29

If they put the valve in it will have a drain line in it it doesn't sound like they did but he may have to take out the under belly out to see I hope your dealer gets back to you with some good news !
Cowboy 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #30

After much searching and frustration....the water valve was located behind the panel in the underbelly storage. It has to be taken off and on each time you need to access it. Then, we had to go to an appliance store and talk to a guy about the fridge. There is a filter in the fridge that wouldn't push in and stay in. After several attempts it finally stayed in. Once it stayed in, water came out of the door! Now, I go down tonight to see if by some miracle ice was actually made overnight What engineer/designer would put a water valve behind a panel you must take off and on to access? It isn't like it was an easy job each time.....weird part is why would the Cedar Creek have it in a logical place and the Cardinal is in the most inconspicuous place on the camper? Defies logic..... *crossing fingers in Iowa that I have ice today*

Thank you everyone for all of your help and great ideas of where to look. I am new to the forum and am happy to see this is a good resource for information when you can't figure something out! I appreciate your comments!!!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #31

I don't know why they do what they do but ask your dealer if they can re route the valve to the other side of the frame if it started leaking you will have to go through this every time !
Old 08-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #32

Thanks for the note Cowboy! I will ask!!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #33

A too late note

Just wanted to let you know FR is consistent. Just got our new 2014 3850RL back from the dealer. We had the same problem and I hopped on to give you the answer but I'm about 12 hours late! Our dealer knew where to look and got the valve open. Seems like a silly place to have a valve for sure.
Travel safe!
NorCalBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #34

We have ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you everyone!

PS: I am glad ours is in the usual place anyway, as ridiculous as it is
Old 08-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #35

Yea our ice maker does a real good job. Where's your filter at for your ice maker !
Old 08-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #36

In the fridge. I am loving having ice for a nice cold drink while we battle a heat wave in the Midwest!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #37

Water access for washing machine cardinal 3850 RL

Just took delivery of our rig and love it. Have a couple problems.

One was answered by this forum on valve for ice maker, I will be going out to turn on.

On that same note with the residential fridge, will it run on 110 only?

What is the pro watt button for? Will it supply power when no shore power available for the fridge?

Last problem is it came with the stackable washer and dryer? It seems they left valve for both water supplies off. Can't find an access panel? To turn water on?
Jeffval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #38

We have ours permanent so we haven't figured out about the fridge yet. I haven't seen a button like our Outback had to switch from shore power to battery though....

I am wondering if you'll find the washer dryer water supply in the same place as the ice maker. We do not have a washer/dryer in ours as we just take laundry back home and there is no sewer hook up at our permanent site (by the river so they aren't allowed to have them because of possible flooding which never happens where we are).

Sounds like you had the same clueless sales person helping you that helped us - no walk through, no explanations and when you call they have no idea....ice maker took us about a week or so to finally figure it out. AND the only reason why we did was our camping neighbor saw us struggling and said "I bet the water might be behind that panel if it isn't anywhere else". We tried that as a last resort and figured it out. Pays to have smart camping neighbors
Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #39

We do have the washer/dryer hoook up though and I just told my husband he needed to verify if that was winterized or if that is a different line we need to be worried about. Thanks for posting this as I bet he forgot that I mentioned that....we need to get down there and figure it out before the snow sets in!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #40

JeffVal,
The residential fridge will only run on 110. The ProWatt is the on/off button for your inverter that converts your 12V battery to 110. You'll need to be hooked up to shore power or run the inverter to power the fridge. This is all new to us too and so far we have only run the fridge on inverter for about 3 hours while we load up just to get the fridge cool. Not sure how long our 2 12V deep cycle batteries will last running the inverter/fridge. We run the inverter while traveling so the fridge stays cold. Assume the truck is keeping the batteries charged while we travel. We too need a lot more education!!
Safe travels.
NorCalBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal, water, fridge