Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #1

2015 3785fb Cardinal Backup Camera

Has anyone installed a backup camera in this model? Mine did not come with the camera housing installed so I doubt it is prewired. I have read on many forums about connecting the camera wiring into a light, but I am not sure how to get access to the wiring for the small pin lights across the top of the rear of the 5th wheel. Is there anyone out there that has done this with success as I am not even sure how to open up these lights. I don't want to damage the coach.
Tnhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #2

I am looking for a unit also. Once I decide, likely go to CW and buy and install under Benefit of Good Sam Club. Mine has a housing and prewire. Not going to mess with it. Need it when I need it. My handy work ( Gorilla tape &#128563 may not hold!
Drop down a tab to Cedar Creek. I am waiting a response from a forum member to post his camera experience as a starter.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnhorse View Post
Has anyone installed a backup camera in this model? Mine did not come with the camera housing installed so I doubt it is prewired. I have read on many forums about connecting the camera wiring into a light, but I am not sure how to get access to the wiring for the small pin lights across the top of the rear of the 5th wheel. Is there anyone out there that has done this with success as I am not even sure how to open up these lights. I don't want to damage the coach.
I have 2008 30RK and installed an aftermarket supplied camera (4UCAM) on rear bumper, and run the wires to power the camera to the rear side marker light. The issue here of course is you have to turn on the running lights to power the cam. Worked great on previous trailer, on this fiver I am getting quite a bit of image flicker. Am considering a booster or new wireless system: http://www.4ucam.com/Digital-Wireless-Backup-Camera-7-inch-Monitor-Color-RV-Cam-Truck-Trailer-Rear-View-IR-Night-Vision.html

Digital Wireless Signal - 0% Interference, 0% statics, 100% crystal clear picture guaranty, or 110%
your money back guaranty*.

2009- 42 days; 2010-40 days, 2011- 40 days. 2012- 30 days,
2013- 14 days, 2014- 21 days, 2015- 42 days
2016-17 days, 2017-zero days
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnhorse View Post
hi Tnhorse, I purchased this same model back in dec. so far we have enjoyed it, couple small weekend trips to get familiar with it. did you ever find a solution for the rearview camera? I'm interested in one also but the only place I see to mount it is on the tag bracket an use the tag light for power. also have you had any other issues with yours that I need to be on the look out for? thank you mike
mikepf5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal