Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2021, 02:34 PM   #1

2018 Cardinal Estate 3850 grey/black tank smell in coach

I posted similar back in 2019 about sewer smell in my coach. Since then I have replaced the stud or vent under the kitchen sink, replaced the p-trap for the bath sink and shower to HEPVO drains. We have had small off and on issues but only during hot weather camping, which we donít do a lot of. However we are in south FL since last Thr and now in the Keys. here is what is happening. 1st occurrence was when we drain the sink after washing some dishes. All values are closed !!! We get the tank smell in the coach. none of the tanks were full most at 2/3. So I empty all those tanks in the correct order. Knowing all the tanks are empty and slowly filling back up, when we take a shower or drain the kitchen sink we get the smell 🤢🤢. Sometimes not very prominent but itís there. The coach has 3 ac units and at least one or more have been running when this occurs. the smell is more concentrated in the bedroom. I cannot for life of me figure out WHY??
This is a 2018 Cardinal Estate 3850. I also, after my May 2019, posting installed the siphon 360 vents on my tank pipes on the roof, 2 of them. Apparently that wasnít the solution either. As it states, we only have this issue or at least to our knowledge when camping in hot weather 80 plus.
So, has anyone else had any similar issues and found the root cause? Does anyone have ideas on what to check next? Is it possible that since the tank exhaust pipes on the roof are in location to the AC that they are drawing the gases back in? Is it possible that there is a crack on top of the tanks that as they get fuller gas is being pushed up through the floor? As stated the concentration of smell is in the bedroom and it it seems like it comes right up under the flooring behind the bathroom. I have checked for leaks while replacing the shower drain to the HEPVO drain and found no stains or wet areas. Nothing has ever leaked out of the coach belly. So Iím stumped but tired of smelling rotten gases when shower or kitchen sink is used.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:38 PM   #2

Sorry auto correct. That was studor vent under the kitchen sink

Tags
black, black tank, cardinal, tank