Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
find one remote that will work with TV, DVD and sound bar if possible. I hate having 3 remotes. Jensen TV and SONY DVD remotes are not compatible with any other brand remote.
Priority just get out camping more than last year.
Have you looked at the Logitech Harmony remotes? They work great!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:12 PM   #22

mods

Install E-Track in garage area of toy hauler, Install Moryde steps, Install Level gauge on Pin Box, Add wire shelving above slider, for light stuff. Add No-skid to ramp, that thing is slicker than snot on a doorknob.
Install bed side gun safe, Tear out bed, and make a frame that is about 6 inches higher, so I can put more than a tissue box under there.
Locking gas cap,
Install alarm system, which includes cell and email notification and pro monitoring.
I'm sure I will think of more.
Wanting to go camping real soon.

373 QSI Puma. 2017.
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by djousma View Post
I would be curious to hear more about your backup camera mod. I've got a Garmin GPS that will take the accessory, just don't know anything about them.
I just installed the Garmin back-up camera to Ford F-150. My Garmin Nuvi 2599 has a 2.5 x 4.5 screen, so it larger than some. I think it works great and makes hooking trailer up very easy. The camera was easy to install and set-up! Its a whole lot better than no camera!!!
I also installed TST 507 TPMS to the trailer. I haven't had the trailer on the road yet, but heading to Florida in a couple of weeks.
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:34 PM   #24
Just as confused as you

Quote:
I would be curious to hear more about your backup camera mod. I've got a Garmin GPS that will take the accessory, just don't know anything about them.
I installed one in the upper part of tailgate of my truck. The camera cost more than my Garmin Nuvi2598LMTHD. Just be sure you don't use the cheap bracket for the camera, it will vibrate all the time you are traveling. I don't have one installed on the back of the tt. Don't know if I want to spend the $$$. Easy to hook up. Comes with a wireless receiver to change out the original GPS power cord. You can buy an extra 50 ft extension if you need to get the transmitter closer to the receiver.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #25

New Mods

Changing all external marker lights to LED. Did stop/tail/signal last year.
Adding a midship signal to side of trailer on skirting.
Changing all wheels to self adjusting brakes ( with complete new wheel end kit.
Suspension upgrade to rubber dampened center piece and greasable pins.
All of this providing our leak test pressurization of the trailer turns out well here in the next couple weeks.
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:51 PM   #26

Garmin back-up camera

I mounted my camera centered between the 2 license plate mounting screws. I drill a hole in the license plate and a smaller hole into the thick plastic part of the bumper. Put the clip and camera over the license plate and used a #12 tamper proof stainless steel sheet metal into the plastic. It does not vibrate at all! There is an existing large hole in the bumper that I routed the camera cable thru. See attached photo!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00248.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	131072   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00250.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	321.3 KB
ID:	131073  
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #27

- added 90 elbow and about 3 feet of pvc pipe with 1/4 turn ball valve on the end to the fresh water drain. this allows me to drain the tank by turning the valve that is at the side of the trailer. also, the open end of the ball valve has a garden hose thread on it so I can hook up the utility hose and route the water away from the trailer.
- built a small support wall to go into the middle of the storage space beneath the king size bed so that the plywood cover has some support in the middle and does not flex.
- made several hoses to help with maintenance. one to suck anti freeze when winterizing, one to connect to washer hot and cold faucets and route water directly into the drain (use to winterize / flush these lines), one to connect to outside shower and direct fluid into city water input (allows sanitizer to be sucked up antifreeze port and get pumped into fresh water tank.
- installed tpms repeater in generator compartment
- installed true battery disconnect
- replaced shower faucet with one that has a water on/off valve on the handheld faucet

our first trip is in early april. getting ready to pull the cover off, flush all the antifreeze, and lube everything!
Old 03-03-2017, 05:15 PM   #28

I have an Harmony Remote for the house. I haven't looked at compatibility with the trailer components. I will now that you mentioned it. I love how I can program it using my laptop.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #29

Sun is shining brightly today,,, but could get some snow next week ???
All these Mods sound Great !!! I am just hoping my first Mod this Spring is not Back Surgery !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #30

Unhappy

Last week I had the camper open to take photos as we are getting ready to trade the flagstaff in for a Cardinal 3250 RL. Today sitting here looking at over 3 feet of snow that has fallen since yesterday morning and now we have lake effect snow which could dump another foot or more before it's over. But Monday is the first day of spring ! Somewhere not here !
No more shoveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by No more shoveling View Post
Last week I had the camper open to take photos as we are getting ready to trade the flagstaff in for a Cardinal 3250 RL. Today sitting here looking at over 3 feet of snow that has fallen since yesterday morning and now we have lake effect snow which could dump another foot or more before it's over. But Monday is the first day of spring ! Somewhere not here !
Yea, isn't all that snow a sad sight at this time of year? We're pulling ours out of storage next week for spring break trip. Much earlier than prior years. the trick for us will be whether or not I will need to re-winterize it after the spring break trip due to lingering freezing temps here in Michigan

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #32

Quote:
Yea, isn't all that snow a sad sight at this time of year? We're pulling ours out of storage next week for spring break trip. Much earlier than prior years. the trick for us will be whether or not I will need to re-winterize it after the spring break trip due to lingering freezing temps here in Michigan
Nice looking unit Dave !!!
Sun shining again this morning after some light snow yesterday !!!
Old 03-16-2017, 09:54 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Nice looking unit Dave !!!
Sun shining again this morning after some light snow yesterday !!!
Thanks! It is sunny here too. Long range forecast is warming up. Looks like we are just up 131 from you in GR.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #34

Quote:
Thanks! It is sunny here too. Long range forecast is warming up. Looks like we are just up 131 from you in GR.
Yes you live in the Big City,,, we are outside of a small farm village !!!
Old 03-16-2017, 03:13 PM   #35

Quote:
I'm up 131 some more in Cadillac.

Also prepping for a spring break trip.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #36
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
I installed one in the upper part of tailgate of my truck. The camera cost more than my Garmin Nuvi2598LMTHD. Just be sure you don't use the cheap bracket for the camera, it will vibrate all the time you are traveling. I don't have one installed on the back of the tt. Don't know if I want to spend the $$$. Easy to hook up. Comes with a wireless receiver to change out the original GPS power cord. You can buy an extra 50 ft extension if you need to get the transmitter closer to the receiver.
Finally got a photo of my Garmin back-up camera. Only problem is it has a tendency to move upward when shutting the tailgate. Gotta figure out hot to make it rigid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Garmin Backup Camera.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	131988  
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
I'm up 131 some more in Cadillac.

Also prepping for a spring break trip.
Very Nice Country up there !!!
I see it is now snowing here,,, Very Large Flakes !!!
They covered the driveway in less that 5 minutes !!!
Old 07-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #38

I installed four LED Texas A&M (aTm) Logo Puddle Lights, one (1) just behind the Pin Box, one (1) just under the basement storage, and one (1) on each side of the entry steps. Looks great, at night time they look like there is a rug on the ground. Due to being mounted 5ft off the ground, the one by the Pin Box is 6 foot in diameter shining on the ground, the others are about 2 ft. diameter because they are mounted closer to the ground.
CMelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:58 AM   #39
"On the road again"

Just ordered the Furrion Observation Camera from etrailer.com for our '17 Cardinal 3456RL.

And - added our names front and back. Ten bucks at a local sign company.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:03 AM   #40

Just installed a set of Morryde Step Above steps. Wife loves them
Charles Allen is offline   Reply With Quote