Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2021, 05:06 AM   #1

Auto leveling

Batteries were dead after being at dealer for 2 months. Now auto leveling is acting up. Performed zero point calibration but didn't help. The issue is that the front jacks bleed down during auto leveling when the screen says analyzing and its supposed to be pausing momentarily. It bleeds down then pumps up over and over. It's ok in manual mode though.
Bob K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:11 AM   #2

Load test your batteries first. Battery problems are a common cause of auto leveling problems. Do a power reset of system, plug into shore power to assist good batteries. Look up your system in the Lippert master manuals and see if the troubleshooting section helps. https://support.lci1.com/master-manuals/

If all else fails, call LCI tech support and they can walk you through diagnostics. I have found them to be very helpful.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:42 PM   #3

Thanks Scott. Dealer is to deliver 2 new batteries to me today. My 1 year old batteries are sulfated and wont charge past 8.0 volts. They've been discharged several times since Jan 2021 every time the dealer has had it. It's been out of my care for a total combined 5 months.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:18 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about your dealer service experience, but unfortunately it is fairly common.
My advice to everyone is that once you buy your RV, NEVER return to any dealer for service. Find a good independent RV service only shop, get pre-approved for any warranty work, and you will get better service in a timely manner. I have done that for my last two RVs and had excellent results.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:23 PM   #5

Oh, and if you feel you need to use a dealer, remove your batteries and protect the connectors when you drop it off for service. Most dealers have a battery cart they use to demo RVs on the lot and the same setup in the shop. Make them use their batteries and save your own
Old 09-16-2021, 03:33 PM   #6

Thats a great idea!
Old 09-18-2021, 04:57 AM   #7

Auto leveling blues!

Installed 2 new fully charged batteries and still have a system that's out of whack. It wont auto level and front jacks bleed down quickly.
The front Jack's will stay extended with a slight temporary bleed down if you turn the power off on the control pad. Going to dealer 9/20 for solenoid replacement. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-18-2021, 06:44 AM   #8
Retired Army MSG!

NMWildcat I agree with you on the local service shop, unfortunately the one that is near me here in SC when you call them you get a voice mail stating unfortunately due to staffing issues we are not accepting appointments, and that if you need a part to email them. They are only randomly checking phone messages. Geez I hope the end to what is called a new normal is coming soon.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:41 PM   #9

Update

Dealer has removed the front Jack's and said they were leaking internally. It will be one week tuesday 9/28 since diagnosed and as of today 9/25 there has been no official approval by the manufacturer to replace.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:44 PM   #10
Fla5er

Having trouble with front jacks: will not lower or raise, even using Manual Mode. Had to call mobile tech service because we couldn't get the rv (5er with hydraulic jacks/slides) to raise in order to hitch up to get the 5er to our repair facility. This is a 6 jack leveling system. (The slides work fine, and so do the rear jacks).

Techs worked on it and with Lippert's Tech Support, determined that the front lead jack had a bad spade valve. We ordered the new valve, replaced it but didn't fix the trouble. Tech worked with Lippert support again, and after much detailed testing, determined that the dual polarity solenoid is defective, and not allowing enough voltage to the new spade valve in order for it to operate the lead jack.

Ordered the new dual polarity solenoid through Lippert but they don't have any in stock and it would take 5-7 business days to get the part, then 3 days to ship to my address.
The total cost from Lippert is $154, including tax and shipping. The techs looked at Amazon and the very same solenoid goes for $86 and will be here tomorrow (Wednesday). I don't mind businesses making a profit, but this is excessive.
On a positive note, the Lippert Tech Support were what you would expect when you call for help! Now if we could get the rest of the rv industry to step up, that would be a great benefit to us all!
FlaNative is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling