RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2020, 10:30 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Nascar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Bedroom slide out issue

Cable came loose on bedroom slide. Able to reattach after watching several YouTube videos. Before this happened had issue with slide popping on the way out. Coming in Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1340.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	242890it is smooth and operates as it should.

I think itís the gearbox. Needing a good part number. Will try and attach a pic and video of whatís going on.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:31 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Nascar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Forgot to add. What gearbox do I replace this with and do you think this is the issue.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:34 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 41
Do you have a photo taken farther out to see exactly the location of the cable and gear box?
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:16 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Nascar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFiver View Post
Do you have a photo taken farther out to see exactly the location of the cable and gear box?

Im sorry I do not. On our unit the motor/gearbox and all the cable adjustments are under the bed area. I had to replace the gear box and readjust all the cables. Now that was definitely a learning experience. They make it look so easy in the YouTube videos. But it could have been real easy to mix the cables up. One of the best piece of advice I have is make sure you label each cable before disassembly.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:32 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 41
Do you mean under the bed storage compartment. So, I would take up the bottom of it to expose all the slide hardware. Or, do you mean under the bed area in the basement?
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:28 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Nascar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFiver View Post
Do you mean under the bed storage compartment. So, I would take up the bottom of it to expose all the slide hardware. Or, do you mean under the bed area in the basement?
My bedroom slides out. The bed, a nightstand, and a closet all slide out. The motor, gearbox and adjusters are located behind a face board below the nightstand and closet. Had to take the bed apart to get to the gearbox. I wish I had taken a picture of it when everything was removed to expose cables and gearbox. I definitely learned a lot about they slide system.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:01 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
My bedroom slides out. The bed, a nightstand, and a closet all slide out. The motor, gearbox and adjusters are located behind a face board below the nightstand and closet. Had to take the bed apart to get to the gearbox. I wish I had taken a picture of it when everything was removed to expose cables and gearbox. I definitely learned a lot about they slide system.
I think I will take a close look at mine this weekend. I just have the king bed slide.
Sounds like when the slide is activated, the cables slap around and that makes the "popping" noise?
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bed, bedroom, bedroom slide, roo, slide, slide out

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.