Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2021, 07:37 PM   #1

Cardinal

What do you love about your Cardinal compared to your previous fifthwheel.?
Bob K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:14 PM   #2

The floor plan.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:54 PM   #3

Our previous 5th wheel was a Cardinal!! We liked the first one so well, a 2008 that we purchased new, that we sold it and bought a new 2018 Cardinal. We upgraded to the newer one to get the king bed, auto leveling and some of the other upgrades. Our new one is a 3250 Luxury Edition. Cardinal no longer makes this floorplan, but it is perfect for us.
wvcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #4

How do you like the auto leveling?
Old 02-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #5

Cardinal has some very nice floor plans. We like the rear kitchen.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:51 PM   #6

Cardinal Limited 388

Ours is a 2020 388RDLE and has a great floorplan as it has a nice two stool bar that separates the kitchen from the den. It makes a fun place to lean on the bar with a beverage and talk to whoever is in the kitchen or sit on the barstool and also watch TV. We also needed the outside kitchen (which I completely re-modeled) with a shelf area and added a microwave & coffee maker as well as relocated the QD water connection. Also did other upgrades to the slides facia, stone facing added to the island and stove area backsplash, added faux marble to the bar wall to match fireplace and wall below kitchen cabinets, new wallpaper in nook & bedroom, peel n stick added to bathroom walls and replaced all glass in cabinet doors with smoked glass.
Curt Q24 Hitch

JoeDakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:34 AM   #7

You certainly made it your own! Sounds very nice
Old 02-15-2021, 04:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K. View Post
How do you like the auto leveling?
Auto leveling has been good for us. It also has the memory function that puts the trailer back to the level that it was when you disconnect. So just back the truck under it, no guessing.
wvcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:40 PM   #9

Thanks! Its a fun project until you open up areas and find defects and debris left over from the factory!
Curt Q24 Hitch

JoeDakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 10:14 PM   #10

Didn't have a fifth wheel prior. went from TT to Cardinal fifth wheel.
I have to admit, I wasn't even interested in a Cardinal. I was searching for Cedar Creeks.
Then, this deal dropped in front of me that I couldn't pass on. Now I own a Cardinal.
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:27 PM   #11

I don't know, 1st fifth wheel owned, just purchesed it last week, but I do like the amount of space it has inside so far, it's like a house on wheels!!!
Ali88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali88 View Post
I don't know, 1st fifth wheel owned, just purchesed it last week, but I do like the amount of space it has inside so far, it's like a house on wheels!!!
It sure is. we're anxious for spring so we can spend time in ours. Still to wintery here in NY.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:48 PM   #13

Had a Sandpiper several RVs ago. Our 3350 has auto level, lots of room, residential fridge and a king bed. We started living in it last May while our house was being built in North Georgia. Weather went from 98 degrees to 15. Moved into the home at Thanksgiving. Now we are building the Cardinal a new barn.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
Had a Sandpiper several RVs ago. Our 3350 has auto level, lots of room, residential fridge and a king bed. We started living in it last May while our house was being built in North Georgia. Weather went from 98 degrees to 15. Moved into the home at Thanksgiving. Now we are building the Cardinal a new barn.
Wow! you've had alot of irons in the fire! How was it at 15 degrees?
Old 02-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K. View Post
Wow! you've had alot of irons in the fire! How was it at 15 degrees?

We were on full hookups in Murphy NC. We would run 2 small heaters along with the fireplace and stay warm. We of course had the tank heaters on and grey valve opened letting the kitchen faucet open with a pencil lead size slow flow. Since we were not using the furnace, I put a 40 watt bulb in the storage area to keep that area above freezing. This RV park was only 6 miles from where we built our home.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal