Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2020, 02:56 PM   #1

Cardinal 3150rl

Hi All,

I am looking for some one that has owned a Cardinal 3150rl. I need information.

Thank you
Ddozier234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:13 PM   #2

Inrormation

What kind of Information do you need?
donabevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:43 PM   #3

Hi Donabevd, I’m as green as green can be; first RV purchased directly from previous owner. I am trying to figure out how things work. None of my kitchen outlets or lights work. I have checked the breakers and fuses and no luck. I don’t know how the furnace works concerning gas and electric or gas vs electric. I’m finding out trial and error can be very costly when dealing with an RV. I know pretty much “NOTHING”! I need a mentor. Please help.
Ddozier234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 01:33 PM   #4

More help than I can give

You need to find someone in your area that is an rv repair service that has a good reputation and is honest with his or her customers. Good luck and hopefully happy camping
donabevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:05 PM   #5

I also have one, dumb question you are plugged in correct?
jeepin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:30 PM   #6

Probably about a thousand rv owners within walking distance of you. Start making some acquaintances close by. Generally rv owners are more than happy to share information.

Take a few rides through an rv park with a cooler of refreshments and look up similar models and offer up a happy hour for a tour of their features and how they work.

Get a notebook and start reading through this forum, particularly as relates to Cardinals and Cedar Creeks.

Ask your questions: one, or a couple at a time. You'll get answers! Never fear, you'll get there. We all had a starting place.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:44 PM   #7

I agree with SlowrideHD if the questions are still there ask here, I know myself is more that willing to help.
jeepin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:36 AM   #8

Cardinal 3150rl

A couple of things to try.

1. Make sure your 50amp cord is properly seated into the side of the camper. Should push in and then twist slightly.

2. If that doesn’t solve the issue, look for a tripped GFCI plug. Look in the bathroom or on the bottom of the upper cabinets in the kitchen.

Good luck.
2013 Cardinal 3030RLS - sold
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:03 AM   #9

I agree with the gentleman above. There is a GFCI under the upper kitchen cabinets near the small side window. Check to see that it's not tripped. The GFCI in the bathroom also will affect the outlets in the bedroom.
deputy160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:09 AM   #10

you should get the manuals and read them for all the appliances. that will resolve a lot of questions.

as for the furnace is heats by gas only. it does need 12 volt power to operate the thermostat and the run the blower motor. it is designed to operate without being plugged into shore power. if you have an rv refrigerator the same situation is true. it does not need shore power to operate on gas. if you have shore power it will operate on shore power. but it always needs 12 volt battery power for the control board whether is is operating on shore or gas power. your water heater actually has two independent heating mechanisms. if you have shore power it will operate on shore power without needing gas or 12 volt power. if you do not have shore power it will operate on gas but still needs 12 volt battery power for the control board.

remember that you have two separate electrical systems. shore (or generator) power that provides 120 volt ac to run things like in your house. and you have 12 volt dc battery power to run rv things that you would use when you are not connected to shore power.

this is a starter. read the manuals and read the forum and you will learn a lot very fast.

Tags
cardinal