Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2020, 01:05 PM   #1

Cardinal Fold Out Steps

Any one have the Lippert or MORryde fold out steps ?? The ones that fold back into the door way.They are nice except when opening one at Rest Stops.The parking spaces are NOT wide enough for the Cardinal and extended step.Pulling as far to the left in the parking space [actually on top of the yellow line] if I open the steps Im in the next space.At times large trucks pulling in next to me have almost run over the step.Semi drivers are not happy Im taking part of their space.

Bottom line -- Im finding I can not use the step in rest stops.So am I doing something wrong ?? Boy wish I had the old type step !!!!!
Crowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Any one have the Lippert or MORryde fold out steps ?? The ones that fold back into the door way.They are nice except when opening one at Rest Stops.The parking spaces are NOT wide enough for the Cardinal and extended step.Pulling as far to the left in the parking space [actually on top of the yellow line] if I open the steps Im in the next space.At times large trucks pulling in next to me have almost run over the step.Semi drivers are not happy Im taking part of their space.

Bottom line -- Im finding I can not use the step in rest stops.So am I doing something wrong ?? Boy wish I had the old type step !!!!!
Yea, that is an issue. The other that I have seen comments about is getting in/out of the rig if it is parked at a storage facility - same issue. For the these two reasons, I'm no longer contemplating adding those steps. But they sure are nice when you get to your destination.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:16 PM   #3

Mor/ryde steps

I have the same steps. I can't tell you how terrible these steps really are! I have been RV ing for 30 years and these are by far the worst idea ever! If you never move it it is great. But if you are going to tight places, or next to a curb or a low spot, it has to be adjusted(such a pain). If you accidentally lift steps when the screen or door is shut, (or if flange is not completely down) then screen/door or both are ruined! Try fixing this, not possible unless it was barely touched. Your RV warranty won't cover this. Your rig could be out of commission for many, many months!
The only thing Mor/Ryde makes that is good are sliding shelves!
Oh yeah, when it is raining, all the water and dirt go in the rig.
stepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:32 AM   #4

We have the ladder and enjoy it. Wish I had the easy up feature, but no big deal. At truck and rest stops I hug the driver-side line.
Big bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:19 AM   #5
"On the road again"

We have Mor-Ryde steps and ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. Of course, we don't spend much time at Rest Stops and Truck Stops. We generally find a large parking lot with lots of empty space if we need to open the steps - and never more than just a few minutes to get to the bathroom or refrigerator.

We have found these steps to be the most stable steps ever in all of our 20 years of RVing.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal