Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #1

Fresh water tank

I have a leak near or at the fresh water holding tank of my 1998 Cardinal 28RKB. I have been under to take a look and the tank must be up under the woven under body covering.
So should I cut back the covering or what is the easiest way to get to the tank and the pump. You would think they would have had a way for you to get to it if you ever had issues with your tank and pump.
wilfred aubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #2

is it a 5th wheel?
on mine, the belly cover is held up by screws to the frame. they are put on is sections.
look closely and see if u can see a panel where there are screws across holding one panel to the other. this is an area u can take down and access the tanks. in other words, the panels may b rather long (front to back of the trailer). there will be some that are shorter. these will expose the tanks.
i have 2 gray tanks. i believe the fresh water is between the black and the rear gray.
my pump is in the cargo area drivers side near the stairs.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #3

Yes it is a 5th wheel. The location you mentioned sounded right. The tank is encased partly by the entertainment/bathroom closet in the camper.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #4

is ur pump in the cargo bay. if not there is bound to be an easy access to it.
mine is a couple yrs newer and sounds like a different floor plain.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #5

I dont see it in the cargo bay. I was thinking it might be in the fresh water tank storage area like it is on my truck camper
Old 08-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #6

that's a very good possibility. turn it on and u should be able to hear it.
before u pull the bottom off it, try to see if there is an easier access.
my hot water heater, i pull the drawers out of the cabinet to get to it. the furnace is under there too but i haven't been digging for it.
see if that closet has a bottom that comes up. it may be a side panel that comes out easy.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #7

It looks like I can gain access to it from the cargo area.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:35 AM   #8

i would expect the pump to be on the same level as the main floor. sense u need access to them to winterize (to pump RV antifreeze).
my first trailer was a Fleetwing built in 1984. when u lifted the step leading from the lower level up, the pump and fresh water tank were there. that's also where u drained the fresh water tank.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #9

Jim thank you for you help. I gained easy access to the fresh water tank from the cargo area and the pump was right next to it. One of the wires running to the pump got disconnected. The lines to the pump look good so now I will slide out the tank to see what the leak issue is. Thanks again W.A.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #10

glad u found it. if u read the post on winterizing (believe there is a "sticky" on it. the pump is used to circulate antifreeze in the winter.