Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2015, 10:06 PM   #1

Fresh water tank fell out on I40 while driving Yikes!

While driving on I 40 today we were getting waved and pointed at our 2015 Cardinal 3450RL. We were hoping it was because our bird is so pretty, but it was actually because we were dragging our fresh water tank on the ground behind us, along with the coroplast. Pulled over and called Good Sam Roadside Assistance. By the time twenty minutes had passed for the guy to try and locate us, my husband had removed the damaged tank and other parts, so I cancelled the request (GS Roadside Assistance is another story). We are taking her in for paint work anyway, so we will get it fixed then. We did have some water in the tank and drove the ridiculous 40 with it's rough bumps, but it looks like the factory used the minimum amount of framework to hold the tank in. Thankfully, it jammed itself between the frame and did not hurl itself onto any vehicles behind us, nor were we hurt trying to get the tank out with crazy traffic zooming by us. Might want to have your tanks checked, if possible.
valandsheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #2

Had a friend with the same model same thing happened only on l 5 and it came completly out. Cheap bracing. Same model
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:07 PM   #3

Been there, done that with my 2015 Sierra. Luckily it fell out in our driveway the night before we headed out. It's in the shop now and FR replaced the tank, lines, coroplast and had the dealer beef up the cheap framing.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #4

Ours is in the shop now too. We will see how they fix it.
valandsheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 PM   #5

Our black tank fell out at a campground. Long story but resulted from shoddy assembly at the factory. We were able to secure it using ratchet straps and drive home to get it fixed.
stallsmi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank