Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #21
Cardinal Duo

2014 3450RL, bought it Aug last year, still trying to get the Micro/Convection replaced, been in for repair three times. It does not heat properly, set at 400, gets to 325.....
Old 08-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #22

This is a discussion forum, it says so at the top of the page. The original poster, Spenser Stewart is a vent and leave poster. No discussion going on here. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't own a FR product and works for another manufacturer. Just sayin'.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #23

At least forest river is replacing for you. We presently own a keystone alpine. When it was brand new we had to fight with keystone to admit we had a problem with our fridge. They finally replaced one door. Still not happy.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #24

Rich, I wanted to respond to let you know that you are not the only investor in a Cardinal 5th wheel experiencing problems with their Coach. We took delivery of a 2015 Cardinal 3850 on June 6th. Prior to accepting delivery we had to have the dealer fix some issues like the sagging underbelly. We then proceeded to go camping for an extended weekend and had problems with the oven not coming up to temperature and a hydraulic. So back to the dealer to be fixed and the G rated tires that we ordered installed. Our primary purpose for purchasing a new rig was to take it cross country for over 2 months. Well it all began with our levelers not working properly when we arrived in the UPI of Michigan. We contacted FR roadside assistance and after speaking with a technician we checked all the 12 volt connections. Though the battery was a little loose I found the 4 12 volt take-off posts in the battery compartment 3 of which were about to fall off. Had no additional problems with landing gear. We traveled from Cortez Co. to the Grand Canyon upon entering the coach we found the cornice over the island hanging by the light wires. Our next finding in Mesa Verde was the fresh water tank was out of the mounting causing the underbelly to fall. Roadside assistance came through with a local RV repair company who was able to spot weld the harness in place to keep the tank in place. An appointment was made in Carlsbad at a FR dealer to check and make sure we could finish the trip. FR dealer re-supported the underbelly and recommended the whole be replaced. Upon arriving home the bedroom slide decided it would no longer move in or out. Came to find when contact the factory, it was a known issue with the slides gear set. Well the coach is currently at the dealer with a list of 23 items which need addressing.
We told the factory rep that we would definitely consider a purchase back by the factory. Unfortunately, there is no LEMON law in Virginia.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #25

This is a small sample compared to the amount of rvs out there. This is also a place people come to vent and ask for advice when having problems. If you go to other forums for other products you will find the same thing.

Life is a highway!!!!!
Old 10-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdd810 View Post
This is a small sample compared to the amount of rvs out there. This is also a place people come to vent and ask for advice when having problems. If you go to other forums for other products you will find the same thing.
Life is a highway!!!!!
The issue is, an RV is a very high ticket item. For most, it is the second most expensive item besides a house people will buy. (well third if you count some college degrees) The success rate of good Rvs to lemons may be very very high but to the family that bought the lemon, that doesn't matter. When an RV goes into the lemon category it is a exception that it gets taken care of quickly if at all. Read through this forum as well as any RV forum and you will see that the RV manufacturers and dealers just don't accept responsibility for the occasional lemon. They and the dealer fight tooth and nail to NOT take this seriously and buy back the RV. If you get a bad RV you are just stuck with it plain and simple. It would be a huge step forward if all states had a lemon law that protected RVs as well as cars.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
has anyone noticed that the OP hasn't posted again and it's been nearly 2 weeks.
it's hard to take someone's rant seriously, if they post one time and then never show back up to answer the other members or add more background.

i'm always leary of one-time ranters, no matter what RV forum it is.
I have not posted again because I was told they would remove it. I still have water leaks, my desk top they just replaced needs replaced again as they damaged it during installation. My shower has more leaks now than it did when I brought it in to get fixed. If you had the problems the we have had I doubt you would be so glib about " a one time ranter" I have a lot of photos and repair orders you are welcome to look at if you think I'm just a ranter.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
This is a discussion forum, it says so at the top of the page. The original poster, Spenser Stewart is a vent and leave poster. No discussion going on here. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't own a FR product and works for another manufacturer. Just sayin'.
I was told that any negative post wold be removed by the admin of the site. If you really thinks I don't own a FR and have not had any problem you can send me your email address I will attach photos and copies of all the RO's I have. You can also call TERRY MILARCZYK FOREST RIVER WARRANTY MANAGER 574-206-7618 PHONE
574-206-2484 FAX
I doubt he will tell you anything but as I said send me your email and I will show you what I have.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #29

I know many of the people on here think I only posted to rant. I got an email from the admin that they would pull down ay negative post. I still after almost 1 year still have many problems. The shower I have had in twice to repair now leaks more than it did when I first brought it in. I have a water leak around the bedroom side. I was told when I took the unit in to get the desk top, table, convection oven, carpet and water damage to bathroom floor. That the warranty shop was not going to get into the bathroom floor that was a fight I would have to have with FR. People that make commits like I must not have a FR or I was just ranting really need to know what they are talking about before they say something and look like asses. I will provide RO's and photos to anyone whom doubts me. send me you email address mine is xwizardx21@msn.com.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Let me clear this up for everyone now. We do not pull posts because they are negative. We do encourage negative posts but we do not allow talk of lawyers or libelous talk. As long as you post truthful information in a respectful manner it is fine.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #31

Sorry that you are having problems with Your Cardinal. I can say usually the moderators will only remove a post for certain issues like politics, or if the post is going way off topic or negative to other posters, but not usually to being negative to their unit or Forest River unless just bashing to bash........ most here are trying to help, but with any forum sometimes you have to have a thick skin.......

Back to the topic it sounds like some of the issues are your dealer. Maybe you will have someone on here that can get you directly in touch with a Cardinal Warranty Rep. Several on here have had their units taken back to the factory for repair. I wish that I could be of more help, Good Luck....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 03-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #32

Well, as I've said on these forums before, my unit must have been built on a Wednesday. I've not had any major problems, and I have to admit that I caused the minor ones. From what I read here, I've been lucky, twice. My daughter and son-in-law still have our first TT and it's still trouble-free as well. My next RV will be made by Grand Design. I have looked at these units several times and I may be being naive, but they sure look like they are made better than anything else I've looked at... Best of luck getting your problems resolved.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #33

Cardinals not the quality they were, apparently

I've owned two Cardinals. They were at one time the top of the line for Forest River. The first one came with Chinese tires that three blew out on one trip. The second one has had its issues, too. Admittedly, I bought them about three years old (don't want to suck up that heavy depreciation like I did on a previous fifth wheel).

I am currently in the process of looking for another fifth wheel and was thinking (possibly) about another Cardinal. My first two choices, though, would be a Heartland Big Horn or Landmark and then an Arctic Fox. Thanks for the update on the quality control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Stewart View Post
This likely wont be posted but I will try. I was just wondering how many people out there have had noting but problems with their unit?
We bought our 2015 Cardinal a few months ago and have have nothing but issue after issue. So far the stove is being replaced, the convection oven is being replaced, the refrigerator doors have been replaced. When we got the unit they had actually duct taped the ceiling above the washer and dryer in place not nailed or screwed. When they installed the washer they dented the front. The water filter keeps blowing the housing off (there is a pressure regulator on the hose). The dining room table has been replaced. The fold up dining room chairs when set on fell completely apart. The oven vents into the living area so you can't breath if something gets spilled when cooking. One wall light has gone out and had to have the switch replaced. I guess I'm just not understanding how you can spend so much money on something like this and get such junk.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #34

As I have received several PM's from the site staff indicating they did not delete message I posted I have cut and pasted the message.

Howdy Spencer, the site team has deleted your post concerning the talk of lawsuits.

Once you approach that point, there is nothing anyone in these forums can do to help you. It's in the hands of the legal system.

As per our guidelines:

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

If you have never been involved in a civil lawsuit of this type, there is almost always a disparaging remark clause added into it at the settlement end. If you win, then you are most likely going to have to remove all your remarks in public forums like this one in order to meet your requirements. That won't be something you can do later on or have the least bit of control over, so we are saving you from yourself right now.

You may be frustrated currently (and we certainly empathize when our fellow campers get a bad RV), but you will thank us later for this.

The FRF site team
Old 03-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #35

Question

How do you determine what is libelous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Let me clear this up for everyone now. We do not pull posts because they are negative. We do encourage negative posts but we do not allow talk of lawyers or libelous talk. As long as you post truthful information in a respectful manner it is fine.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:54 PM   #36
Site Team

Spencer Stewart, as previously expressed to you, the site team and the members here feel bad that you are having so many problems with your unit.

However, that being said, problems or not, you seem to be mischaracterizing the advice and private messages you have received.

Your post that violated the site guidelines here was removed, and an explanation sent to you. Talk of soliciting members for class action lawsuits will not be allowed here, as was fully explained in a private message, and pointed out in the appropriate guideline pertaining to this.

We are not sure if you fully understand that these forums are a collection of friends helping friends. We try to share our collective wisdom and help out one another, and we believe it is a successful endeavor. The members here are the best of the best, and will give you the shirt off their back to help.

The main thing, ABOVE ALL ELSE, is to play nice and treat your fellow forum members with respect. You don't have to agree or even believe what they say, but you don't call them names in a disrespectful manner.

Since it doesn't appear you are asking for any kind of advice or help in all your postings today........nor are you exhibiting the required respect for your fellow members, we can see no more point to this thread. As such, and to maintain forum harmony, we are closing this thread to new posts.

PLEASE, we ask that you familiarize yourself with the site guidelines, of which can be found at the link below, and see if Forest River Forums is going to be a good fit for you.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
cardinal