Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #1

MN winter ? 1 more time. Thanks for any responses

I know I asked yesterday and got a few opinions, but I just want to throw out one more time if anybody agrees or disagrees if a cardinal can make it through a Minnesota winter. I've done some research read a bunch of blogs and I'm still a little bit torn. Is there any Other Forest River models that might make it better? Or does anybody have an opinion about Arctic Fox? If we went with dual pane windows heat tape floor heaters is that enough? Does anybody know if Forest River would add extra insulation?
bswagg200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
FR3 Representative

If I were you, I would go and speak with campground owners and hosts, and local dealers in the area that you are looking at. I would ask the campground owners and hosts what precautions they take to keep their rigs in working condition. You have to remember that unlike a home, there is a big gap between the bottom of the trailer and the ground. I would ask them about skirting and insulation under the trailer, do they have a heat source under the trailer, and do they insulate and heat their fresh water and sewer hoses?
I would also go and speak with the local dealer and see what they have to say about wintering in a fifth wheel in that area. They are the ones that will be able to guide you and help answer your questions because they know the climate there, and they more than likely have customers that are doing this very thing.
I know that there are people in northern Alberta that are working on the pipeline and are staying in fifth wheels. I also know that they have taken extra precautions to keep their trailers working properly.
ssobkowiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #3

Thanks
bswagg200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter