Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #1

mouse in house

bought 2008 33 sble 1st time fifth wheelers no mice when slides are open caught a few when closed are the rubbers around slides big job or should i take to tech anybody have same trouble any advice appreciated
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

First: Welcome To FR!!

Second: Please use punctuation to make your posts easier to read.

Third: I think you are asking how to get rid of the mice, correct?

Mice can get in anywhere there is a hole the size of their head. Its probably not just the slides in your particular unit, but I'll let others who also have your unit cover that.

Traps and poison around the ingress routes like wheels and jacks will help. Some people use any number of other items in the trailer as well to repel, control and kill. Only some of which are effective and everyone seems to have their favorite methods.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #3

sorry about the lack of punctuation. No, was not asking about how to get rid of mice. have mice in the 5th wheel, and noticed slides not fitting as tight as we think they should. Was wondering if anyone else has had mice in their units and noticed if they could be coming in at the bottom of the slides, or if, the cardinals have been known to have any certain areas that may be known to allow them entrance. (flaws) appreciate info, thanks
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #4

If you can stick your finger in it, a mouse can get in too. What i did is stuff steel wool around all wire's and water line's coming into trailer, leaving no gap's. In winter (when not in use) wifey put's bounce sheet's all around the inside of the trailer. (guess mice don't like the smell of laundry) Haven't had a mouse problem since.
camper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Got it!

I'm not familiar with the Cardinal but, with slideouts in general, you usually can adjust horizontally or vertically.

I'm sure someone here can describe how to do that with your slide, or you can google the slide manufacturer (e.g., Lippert, etc) and get their manual on-line.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote