Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2020, 08:26 AM   #41
2009 F450 2015 Cardinal

Smile Overall, we are Happy

We bought a 2015 3875FB in the fall of 2018 and have been fulltiming in it since. We think the quality is good for the price point and understanding it was built to be an RV. It is not a tank. New, used they all have issues you have to get resolved. Doing a thorough PDI (at least overnight in the dealers lot) is important. Like a lot of people we bought based on the floor plan. With us, the 2nd bathroom and the walk around galley island were the keys that got us to buy.

Our best catches there were a hydraulic line burst when the Tech was showing us the slide and jack operation. Second best was adjustment of the table did not allow the window side leaf to come up.

My observation is that the manufacturer of the "thing" that goes wrong is more helpful than Forest River. They usually know their product the best and are most interested in getting your issue resolved given the power of online reviews. Remember, my perspective is buying a used unit out of warranty.

Keep a sense of humor and understand that it is big piece of lightly built equipment and things will happen. Some will be easy to resolve, others will take time. I remember a post from someone that said something along the lines of: "As long as we insist on light weight and low price points, we'll get it, and all that entails".

It really is a great lifestyle.

U
AntonJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal