Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #21

I'm sure you checked. GFI breaker that needs resetting?
My apologies if I missed this check in the past post.
Hope you find that it is a simple fix.

Happy Camping.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #22

I found the fuse for the ceiling slide out lights, it was marked incorrectly as STEREO, tried replacing this fuse, immediately it blew, so figured I had a short somewhere in the 6 different ceiling light sets located in the 3 slide-outs. I disconnected the five switches controlling the lights in the living room and the kitchen slides. I also removed the wood paneling located under the mattress in the bedroom slide, this exposed the wires powering the lights in ceiling of the bedroom slide. These are small push lights with no switch, I disconnected the power wire for these lights. Tried another fuse and it did not blow, so I started re-connecting light switches. I started with stove light, it lit no issue, next connected switch controlling lights over TV, they also lit with no issue, moved to light switch controlling lights over the recliners, they also lit with no issue, repeated this process for wall lights and the ceiling light over the table, these also lit with no issues. So I had isolated the problem as being a shorted power wire in the floor, wall or ceiling of the bedroom slide used to power the ceiling lights in this slide. I thought OK I can live without these lights working. I know the lights power wire is shorted (grounded) but what if I wired the power wire from fused control panel to the lights ground wire and made the lights hot wire the ground, would these lights work? I also swapped the hot and ground wires attached to each light. I tested this light circuit using a 12 volt battery trickle charger, I used a fused wire harness on the hot side of the charger, and they lit and worked fine. Left them on for a couple of hours with no issues. I left a piece of white tape attached to these wires with a note explaining why this circuit is wired in this manner. Hopes this explanation helps someone having a similar lighting issue. I thank everyone for their comments and suggestions. I also talked to Anita Carpenter, Cardinal Customer Service, she was very helpful and provided the wiring diagrams for the 12 volt and 110 volt systems for my fifth wheel. Her contact info is:
my direct line at (574) 367-3312 or via email at acarpenter@forestriverinc.com
gmeldevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #23
CGK
Camping with Labs

Thanks for letting us know the result of your efforts - and great (i.e. methodical) job identifying that issue. In solving that problem, you (1) got a wiring diagram of your coach, something most of us will never see, (2) obtained a contact for the division that manufactured your coach (and kudos to Forest River and these valuable resources for being part of this group), and (3) now have full use of all your lights. Pretty successful by any measure, and possibly even worth the frustration. Nice work!
CGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:48 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGK View Post
Thanks for letting us know the result of your efforts - and great (i.e. methodical) job identifying that issue. In solving that problem, you (1) got a wiring diagram of your coach, something most of us will never see, (2) obtained a contact for the division that manufactured your coach (and kudos to Forest River and these valuable resources for being part of this group), and (3) now have full use of all your lights. Pretty successful by any measure, and possibly even worth the frustration. Nice work!

Thank you, very much worth the effort.
gmeldevik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, slide