Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2020, 09:49 AM   #1

Sewer hose storage on Cardinal Luxury

We are 4 days into our first trip and I realized that the unit has no underbelly
sewer hose storage canister. I walked around the campground and noted that the other 5th wheels all have them. Does this unit not come with these?
SteveE9C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveE9C6 View Post
We are 4 days into our first trip and I realized that the unit has no underbelly
sewer hose storage canister. I walked around the campground and noted that the other 5th wheels all have them. Does this unit not come with these?
Hmmm. A lot of RVs don't come with them. A lot of folks add them though. Was it a factory option on yours?
Folks love to talk about their RVs, ask one of them about their hose storage.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #3

Most high end units do not have a rear bumper, instead they have modeled end caps similar to a class A motor home. My 2016 Cedar Creek is this way.

On the driver side above the wet bay is a door marked sewer hose storage. The only problem with this is the storage tube is too small in diameter to store a sewer hose with end fittings on it. So, I removed the tube since it was in the way of access to components behind the wet bay storage wall.

I now use Rubber Maid totes to store the sewer hose and end fittings. I have several totes for storage each one is labeled for what is inside the tote such as electrical components, water lines, and so forth.

Sorry for the long explanation!
Old 09-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #4

I have two plastic totes. I do have a rear bumper with receiver hitch. I may mount one underneath it. Apparently, it does not come with one. No real problem, just adjust and move on.
2020 Cardinal Luxury 345RLX
SteveE9C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:50 PM   #5

I have a Luxury ... it came with a solid tube mounted on the frame on the left side near the outlet.
Here is an example:
tps://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Sewer-Hose-Carrier-34-60-Adjustable-Storage-Tube-Container-Camper-Trailer/303360887711?hash=item46a1b7
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:24 AM   #6

our cardinal came with a plastic tube attached to the frame to hold the sewer hose. only problem was that it was too narrow to allow the hose fittings on the end to go into the tube. i use a plastic tote to hold all the sewer hose and fittings.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
our cardinal came with a plastic tube attached to the frame to hold the sewer hose. only problem was that it was too narrow to allow the hose fittings on the end to go into the tube. i use a plastic tote to hold all the sewer hose and fittings.
Yep! Same, and same problem. Looks like it is just black PVC. I was thinking I'd look for next size up pipe/fittings, and build a new one myself.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #8

My sob came with an undercarriage hose storage tube that was too small and too short to be useful I went the 5" fence post and 4" gutter route with 2 units that I can store all of my sewer equipment outside and under the camper. There are several threads with pictures to see. Mine might even be in one. Search is your friend!
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
My sob came with an undercarriage hose storage tube that was too small and too short to be useful I went the 5" fence post and 4" gutter route with 2 units that I can store all of my sewer equipment outside and under the camper. There are several threads with pictures to see. Mine might even be in one. Search is your friend!
I installed a 8' x 5" vinyl fence post under the belly liner, parallel to the axles, attached to the frame with large hose clamps. It holds one 15' and one 10' Rhino hose section complete with connectors, a 45 degree clear connector and even the hose rinser. "Fence post caps" cover the ends, locked in place with 2" pip pins drilled at a 45 degree angle on the corner.

90% of the time, I only need one hose section, accessed from the dump side. If I need the second section, it is accessed from the steps side, but both can be returned to storage from the dump side.

I use the frame-mounted factory storage tube (too short, too small) for a single "in line" Rhino hose section for unusual cases - I've used it once in 10 years.
RVAV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:24 PM   #10

Sewer hose storage

My Cardinal came with a 4” ABS pipe that is too small for fittings. I replaced it with a 6” abs pipe and cutout the end (90 degree end) . Use a cap on one end, imagination on the other! I use a short bungy cord to keep it from falling out.
stepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:44 PM   #11

Sewer line storage

I put a D&W Super Slider tube under my Cardinal 3250 and love it. It is big enough to put two hoses with the end connection left on. Hope this helps Don
donabevd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal, storage