Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2020, 09:00 AM   #1

Soft closing drawer

2020 Cardinal 3456 with soft closing drawers. One of the drawers in the bathroom no longer soft closes or stays closed. I’m not sure even how to remover the drawer for a better look. Can add it to the list of warranty items but thought it might be something easy? Any help?
Hawkpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #2

We had one of ours do the same thing. To pull the drawer out, look at the slides on the side of the drawer, there should be a small plastic tab in the end of the moving portion on each side. One of them you lift, the other side you push down then just pull the drawer out. On ours the problem was with the soft close mechanism at the rear of the slide system, there was a cap that came off and there was a spring hanging out. Since ours had to go back for floor replacement the factory replaced the slide while it was there. It looks like it is not really a big job to replace if you know how to run a screwdriver.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:26 AM   #3

Thanks Doug. I was able to remove drawers and get a good look at hardware. It appears the top drawer hardware had no spring and is about 3 inches shorter on both sides than the bottom two drawers. Thought I’d find broken pieces on floor but nothing. Almost like it had been installed that way? Don’t know if it ever worked. It will be repaired when I take unit in for warranty work. Have several other items on list. But at least I now know how to remove drawers.
Hawkpat is offline   Reply With Quote