Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2018, 06:40 AM   #1

Trouble with Furrion DVD

Hello, I have a 2017 3825FL, anyone have trouble with DVD player not working? I googled some reviews and they are terrible! Has anyone upgraded the stereo/dvd system? If so what did you go with? Thanks
racindirt06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by racindirt06 View Post
Hello, I have a 2017 3825FL, anyone have trouble with DVD player not working? I googled some reviews and they are terrible! Has anyone upgraded the stereo/dvd system? If so what did you go with? Thanks
Following
DaleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #3

I dont have the Furrion dvd player, I have the iRV which im sure is just as poor. We no longer use it for DVD's. I had a PS3 in the house gathering dust and no longer being used because it was replaced with an Xbox one X. So I moved the PS3 out to the camper and hooked it up to the iRV through an HDMI input. It now handles all our movie playing duties. Being hooked up through the iRV, I still get sound through the RV speakers as well as through the TV. This also gives us the ability to play blu-rays, play games, and stream from Netflix, amazon, Hulu, etc. using either cellular data or the occasional WI-FI if we can get a strong enough connection.

If your looking for something more conventional like a direct replacement, https://www.crutchfield.com/ carries a few RV/Marine entertainment systems from other manufacturers such as Jensen. But not all play DVD's, and I'm not sure if they would be any better than the Furrion/iRV's originally installed.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:53 AM   #4

We have one, it works great. We connect it to the TV using RCA cables.
becca4vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #5

Yeah... our DVD player quit... it's never worked with Bluetooth, but the stereo works as does the sound from the TV...
We just decided to never use the Furrion DVD portion... if we want to watch movies, we'll hook up a separate DVD player or watch through our Dish Anywhere app.
Days Camped 74
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #6

dvd player

When mine quit, went to WM for $23 and use it.
SQROOT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd