Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 10:05 PM   #1

Where to put Dish Satellite Receiver

We recently purchased a Cardinal 3250 and found that FR did not provide a space for a satellite receiver. Connecting the receiver to the input requires the cabinet door to be open? How do I connect the receiver cable to the TV which travels up & down?

I don't want to be having to connect/disconnect cables and moving the sat receiver every time we move the trailer. I want to permanently mount the sat receiver and cables. I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks
1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:13 AM   #2

We purchased a Cardinal 3250RL several months ago and we noticed the same thing that there was no space for a satellite receiver and no way to connect the cables. We noticed this prior to the sale so the dealer added a HDMI cable to the back of the TV (not sure how) and modified the cabinet by drilling two holes on the inside so the cables can extend out to the shelf without having the door open. Gromets were installed where the holes were drilled in the wood. We still remove our receiver when traveling. This was clearly an oversight on Forest River. We also removed the splitter inside the access panel and connected the white coax cable to the sat input and the other white coax cable to the aux input so we could get satellite in the bedroom. Good luck!
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:47 AM   #3

We also just picked up our 3250 and noticed the same problems, if you have your TV in the down position open the emergency exit behind the TV being careful, then raise the TV go outside and you can access the back of the TV. Not the best but you can, also I noticed in the bedroom the TV lifts off the mount I believe the large one does too, just a little large to deal with.
We will also be running an HDMI cable from the back to the shelf, I like the Idea of hooking up the Aux for the other TV
jeepin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:53 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello, I had Rockwood 2703 with the same style of TV. I removed the TV from the mechanism to gain access to the area Then tied the HDMI cable in the Harness as well took Optical out of the TV to feed the Home Entertainment system fro Surround Sound capability. I use Ty Wraps to make a Harness for the cabling and tie it in such a way they cables cleared the mechanism. I no shelf but mounted the receiver on top of the counter at the back and drilled a hole for the cables to pass through.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
We purchased a Cardinal 3250RL several months ago and we noticed the same thing that there was no space for a satellite receiver and no way to connect the cables. We noticed this prior to the sale so the dealer added a HDMI cable to the back of the TV (not sure how) and modified the cabinet by drilling two holes on the inside so the cables can extend out to the shelf without having the door open. Gromets were installed where the holes were drilled in the wood. We still remove our receiver when traveling. This was clearly an oversight on Forest River. We also removed the splitter inside the access panel and connected the white coax cable to the sat input and the other white coax cable to the aux input so we could get satellite in the bedroom. Good luck!
Where were the two holes drilled and the cable routed? Do you have the receiver in front of the TV or on the shelf below it, a concern for the shelf is heat from the fireplace?

Thanks
Old 06-27-2016, 06:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1 View Post
We also just picked up our 3250 and noticed the same problems, if you have your TV in the down position open the emergency exit behind the TV being careful, then raise the TV go outside and you can access the back of the TV. Not the best but you can, also I noticed in the bedroom the TV lifts off the mount I believe the large one does too, just a little large to deal with.
We will also be running an HDMI cable from the back to the shelf, I like the Idea of hooking up the Aux for the other TV
I was able to connect the HDMI from inside the trailer by removing the wood piece above the tv. How did you route the HDMI cable to the receiver? According to Dan of FR Cardinal the living room tv is connected to the mount by 4 screws. I tried to loosen the screws, they are super tight so I gave up, I think I have enough room to safely secure the HDMI cable. Not sure where or how to route the cable.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Hello, I had Rockwood 2703 with the same style of TV. I removed the TV from the mechanism to gain access to the area Then tied the HDMI cable in the Harness as well took Optical out of the TV to feed the Home Entertainment system fro Surround Sound capability. I use Ty Wraps to make a Harness for the cabling and tie it in such a way they cables cleared the mechanism. I no shelf but mounted the receiver on top of the counter at the back and drilled a hole for the cables to pass through.
Ok, that may be an option for the HDMI cable, problem is the satellite cable inlet and the electric outlet is on the back wall of the cabinet just a few inches above the floor, I will look into it. I like your way of securing the HDMI cable to the harness, good idea.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #8

Shelf

I purchased a 2017 Cardinal 3250RL and in the deal the Dealer had a shelf built above the TV and all cables and extension cord run up between the window valance so can't see them, then just slid cable box in and watched TV.
donabevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by donabevd View Post
I purchased a 2017 Cardinal 3250RL and in the deal the Dealer had a shelf built above the TV and all cables and extension cord run up between the window valance so can't see them, then just slid cable box in and watched TV.
Why didm't I think of that??? Smart move. Might be a mod in the future.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:44 AM   #10
"On the road again"

On our new Cardinal 3456RL same story, but I was able to run an HDMI cable from the TV into one of the cabinets with a door below the TV...plugged the DirecTV receiver in and got a remote that operates on radio frequency rather than line of sight infrared. Now, we keep the door closed, the receiver is 100% out of sight and we're able to control it easily from our theater seating.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:09 AM   #11

The Dish "Wally" receiver is RF remote controlled. It is also small and does not radiate as much heat as the VIP receivers. The receiver can also be mounted in any position.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:30 PM   #12

I just set out satellite up on the roof or the top of the slide out. You will also find out that you will have to disconnect run your satellite coax cable in the basement straight to the backside of the wetbay then connect satellite cable the line in the outside of the wetbay. Dish Network doesn't like the switch that the cable and satellite connects run through for some reason.
ramblinman8120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite