Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2017, 11:48 PM   #1

Flyte 265DB New Owner concerns..advice plz

Hello,

We just pick up our 2017 Shasta Flyte 265DB 3/4/17. This is an upgrade for us from a 2011 RPod 176T. We are a family of 6. up untill 2 years ago we fit beautifully in ouR-Pod but our oldest sustained a horrible injury as a result of a surgery gone wrong. She is now wheelchair bound. thus the reason for a bigger camper/ramp/etc...

anyway

Our camper door does not seal completely at the bottom of the door and the screen will not independently latch when separated from the outer door.

I noticed there is a large amount of clear silicone sealant filling a large gap between the outer wall of the camper and the door "molding"

I am very concerned this door was NOT installed correctly at the plant.

Also one of the access storage opening is not cut correctly and is too big for the door, and looks like it was nailed in and caulked up the yazoo and still there is a gap in the inner caulk used. the outer sealant is all there, but its obviously not installed correctly when you look at it from the opposite side of the storage area.

PLUS is it just me or does the manufacturer used clear silicone sealant for all the edges of these campers. I am an experienced camper and even I know this simply wont do.

I know pictures would help and I will post those as soon as I can get them, but I wanted to express my concerns in hopes anyone could shed some light on this matter for the mean time.

This camper was our way back to what we used to love doing as a family///camping... even with the additional stuff for our daughter. we just wanted to feel "normal" again, and im sitting here worried out of my gourd that I just made the biggest consumer mistake of my life.
eve104 is offline   Reply With Quote