Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Back to Shasta Camping...

Genesis Technologies GT-2.0

Friends,

Wife and I did a bit of discovery learning today that I thought might be beneficial to some... I say this because I was preparing myself to get knee deep behind a panel to access the onboard Genesis Technologies GT-2.0 box.

The issue centered around only getting a black and white screened image while playing a video disk. In my mind the problem had to be a connector which had come lose and could only be accessed by pulling a panel out...

Needless to say it really was not an issue with the Genesis Technologies GT-2.0 at all. Rather it was the strange manner in which the included TOSHIBA television had been programmed.

This TV was the standard 32" Toshiba LED included in the trailer purchase. I thought something strange when I connected the composite (RCA) video cables to the back of the TV. The only obvious connection shared an RCA port with the component (RGB) connectors. In my mind I assumed that the TV was smart enough to auto sense or know what had been connected... NOT SO...

The solution involve going into the TV setup options and telling the TV that it was a "VIDEO" feed rather than an "HD STREAMING" feed. Never even heard of that before but i guess that was the thing I was destined to learn today... That is the good thing... Too bad it took several hours of thinking on this issue to come up with the solution... BUT THE BRIGHT SIDE of this is that I didn't have to remove the access panel and screw something else up...

Have a great day/night...

Bill n Diana
Bill n Diana is offline   Reply With Quote