Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #1

New flyte 265db owner

My Family are Lifelong tent campers . Never thought I would own a Travel Trailer, but a bad Situation involving some drunks at a rural campground last year has my younger daughter not wanting to camp unless she has a locking door and hard sides. So In an attempt to keep her involved I suppose this was the step to take. Looked for the last 3 months off and on and bought a 2017 265 db last night an pick it up Thursday. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I'll be asking for tips and tricks for sure.. Just stopping in to say hi for now!
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #2

Welcome to forestriverforums.com.
You have come to the right place to help you on your new purchase.
Just make sure you inspect everything multiple time at the dealer and don't take it home right away.
It is always better to have them solve any issues there instead of taking it back later and waiting a long time for warranty work.

They want it off the lot quickly so this is your best and quickest way to get things fixed before you drive home and find it out later. Less stress on you.

Bottom line is use it and enjoy it.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #3

Hi ronheater70 - glad you found something that will work for peace of mind for your daughter and have the additional advantages over a tent. I was following your decision to purchase on another forum site. Welcome to the Shasta family!

-Laura 2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH & 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi
actadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #4

hidee ho

Hello and welcome from northern Arizona! Congrats on the new rig! Consider taping the PDI (pre delivery inspection) with the dealer tech on your smart phone or tablet; I know I forgot half of what the guy told us and I didn't have any way to go back and see it. Anyway, Happy Camping!!

P.S. If you need a PDI checklist, search on this forum as there are several posts with good examples.

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #5

Thanks for the Kind welcome everyone.
As was pointed out, I do reckon I need to know what to go over on the pre-delivery inspection. I assume they plug water and electric to it and make sure everything works correct. we noticed a bathroom door not quite latching and we pointed that out when placing the deposit. We go back and give them the check Thursday so I will search and try to find out what I need to expect. Thanks again!
Old 09-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by actadh View Post
Hi ronheater70 - glad you found something that will work for peace of mind for your daughter and have the additional advantages over a tent. I was following your decision to purchase on another forum site. Welcome to the Shasta family!
Thank you! Shasta wasnt even on My radar to be honest I was heading to another RV dealer 40 miles away and this dealer was only a 10 minute detour and closer so we decided to check there first..That was saturday afternoon, thought about it Sunday, put the deposit down yesterday.. everything just seemed to work out.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:32 PM   #7

That's a sharp looking unit. To me camping is about being comfortable. Good on you for ensuring that your whole family is happy. Enjoy!

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:39 AM   #8

Pick up day!

Well today is the day I pick up the camper, get the WDH installed on my f-150 and all that good stuff. I am hoping inspection provides that everything works as it should. I'm nervous about that. I have a manufacture date of June ?? 2016 so it hasn't been sitting on lot too long.