Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2021, 08:29 AM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
Pages 6 through twelve go through BOTH LP ad electric reset of thermal cut off. DOes this help you?

They don't necessarily fail and yes one can cut off without the other, they can be reset individually. The mnaual also tells how to test them.
I'm good as gold. How about you?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:29 AM   #42

Your's may be different

AGain, this is an example. Your's may be different. Get the correct manual for YOUR model number.
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:46 AM   #43
Site Team

We keep a copy of the Suburban repair manual that includes most of their tank type water heaters in our FRF library at this link

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...do=file&id=210

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:46 PM   #44
Pseudonym

@parisfrance137, I full-time in a 2021 Shasta 18FQ. I have not had any issues with hot water. In fact, the hot water system on this trailer is one of the things I like the most. I can run the shower indefinitely with continuous hot water - as long as I have both electric and propane heaters on and run the shower at ~1/2 throttle (which is still plenty of pressure).

As far as the propane system goes, it will purge the air out of the line on its own. The propane heater will continue attempting to auto-ignite until it finally ignites.

You can run the water heater with both propane and electric heaters running. If you do this, you will heat an entire tank of water in about 10-15 minutes.

The electric portion of the water heater is not on a fuse (fuses are used for 12V circuits only). The water heater circuit is on a circuit breaker (which are for the 120V circuits), which would only trip and you just need to reset it.

If you need any help with anything else, send me a message - I love this little trailer and like I said, I live in it most of the time so I'm very familiar with it.
BrandonSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:59 PM   #45

Probably should update everyone now that our camper is finally fixed! We ended up having to bring it to the dealership where it was purchased from and they found out that the hot water coupler was completely shot so it wouldn't have been something we could have fixed. Hopefully, this helps anyone else who runs into a similar issue as us!
Parisfrance137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:48 AM   #46

Coupler? Would that be a thermocouple?
Old 07-14-2021, 07:55 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie70 View Post
Coupler? Would that be a thermocouple?
Yes, I believe that was the term they used.
Parisfrance137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:14 PM   #48

first time we went out in our RV, same thing.. what we didnt know was besides the in door switch,there was a switch on the outside, by water heater, that needed turned on too! once we found that, had hot water in short time!
tsunyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:07 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfrance137 View Post
Yes, I believe that was the term they used.
Did they happen to show you the part? What manufacturer of water heater?
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, camper, hot water, water