Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2016, 11:39 PM   #1

Quality of Shasta Phoenix? 34RD?

I am considering the 34RD and wondering if anyone has one?

Also, wondering how well the Pheonix campers hold up? Would love to hear about satisfaction levels. Thanks for your help!
janegowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:51 PM   #2

Is there anyone who can help?
Old 03-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Haven't seen any Shasta Phoenix owners on the Forum yet.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:51 AM   #4

This is the second year for our Phoenix SPF35BH, and have not had any major problems at all. We do have a permanent site and we do live in it from mid March to November. We did spend a few weeks this winter ( got 30" of snow )and no problem with heat or equipment. After 10 years of traveling with a Heartland Big Country this was a good choice for a two bed two bath unit.
bill40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #5

We have a 32RE for 1 1/2 years. I know it is not the best made on the market but we have not had any major problems. We do have a leak at a window that I need to address and the dining slide has started to squeal when opening or closing that as soon as it quits raining here I am going to try to fix. Ours has the skylight in the dining area and in the shower, I am now wishing it did not. The sun coming in during Texas summers, the poor a/c could not keep up. I have not found any pre-made covers that fit, so we are going to have to make something to block the heat.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill40 View Post
This is the second year for our Phoenix SPF35BH, and have not had any major problems at all. We do have a permanent site and we do live in it from mid March to November. We did spend a few weeks this winter ( got 30" of snow )and no problem with heat or equipment. After 10 years of traveling with a Heartland Big Country this was a good choice for a two bed two bath unit.
You like this as much as you did the Big Country? I would think that there is a pretty big gap in the build quality....

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasqms View Post
We have a 32RE for 1 1/2 years. I know it is not the best made on the market but we have not had any major problems. We do have a leak at a window that I need to address and the dining slide has started to squeal when opening or closing that as soon as it quits raining here I am going to try to fix. Ours has the skylight in the dining area and in the shower, I am now wishing it did not. The sun coming in during Texas summers, the poor a/c could not keep up. I have not found any pre-made covers that fit, so we are going to have to make something to block the heat.
Do either of you have the polar package or whatever would make it 4-season?
Old 03-09-2016, 07:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasqms View Post
I put solar film on the flat inside surface similar to window tinting. Try that it's an easy fix.
We love our 32RE have it for 1 year no major problems at all.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #8

Until Yesterday we had a Phoenix 27RL. I would highly recommend a Polar Package if its offered, especially if you camp when its chilly out. We did not have it. We did not have any Major problems. But we did have our share of minor ones.
2014 Shasta Phoenix 27RL Trade in
Rich H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #9

We have a 2014 32RE which was purchased in the summer of 2013. With nearly 3 seasons of camping we've had very few issues and remain happy with the purchase. The comfort, layout and larger holding tanks were a huge bonus as we dry camp at times and seldom use full hook up sites. We find it to be a very nice unit overall. Unless you're going top end and spending considerably more money any RV unit will have a few hiccups just do a thorough walk thru and don't sign anything until all problems are corrected. The issues we've had have always been dealer related in obtaining service after the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
dayooper951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by janegowest View Post
You like this as much as you did the Big Country? I would think that there is a pretty big gap in the build quality....

Do either of you have the polar package or whatever would make it 4-season?
Really can't fairly compare to the BC due to the fact we no longer travel ( put many thousands on the BC ),but yes there are some small things but they are minor won't really know for a few more years of use. The dealer we bought from has been far better than the dealer we bought the BC from.
I do use plastic window film for winter use it does help a lot, we do not have double pain. The polar pkgs is a good bet if you can get it. The coldest we have had this in has been -5 but -17 for several days with the BC both have done well but suggest wearing a sweat shirt helps, we are probably a lot older than you and your family and you know what they say about old people.
bill40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:11 AM   #11

We bought a 2016Shasta Phoenix 33CK in Feb of 2016. We are staying in it while we look to buy a new house. We love the floorplan and how solid it feels. We are currently talking with the dealer that we bought it from as we have given them a list of 14 items to be fixed. Some are small, a closet light doesn't work, a roller shade doesn't stay lowered. We also have some bigger concerns, the seals on the windows don't meet and we have a leak in our back window. We are hopeful all our issues will be addressed in the very near future. That being said as long as the items are fixed we will love this rig for a very long time.
EC Cottage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, shasta